Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Elstonian

Led Docking lights

Hello, so yesterday when we were sitting by the fire we noticed our led docking lights were on, so we went to turn them off and the switch was already off! so my husband popped the switch out and undid the wires, lights still on, cut off the battery, lights still on, unplugged the rig from shore power....yep lights still on! so when we left for the weekend my husband unhooked the battery completely and they are off now......anyone have any ideas?

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 (gas)
2013 Cougar 324RLB
Elstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
TandE

Do you have a remote to control slides and other features of your unit? If so they probably got turned on with that and need to be turned off with the remote.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Elstonian

Yes we do, and I just asked my husband if there is a button on it for that & he said he asked me if I pushed anything on it, our control panel had a few things not working, which happens everytime we camp, and I used the remote to open the awning and it has an on off button, a flashlight and another button that I did push but it didn't do anything so I just put the thing back where it goes...........so that's probably the answer, wow do I feel stupid now!...lol..... thank you for the info we'll check it out next weekend!
Elstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
fred1609

I just read the story to DW and she laughed pointing at me. When we bought our 327RES I did the same thing on our first trip. I finally phoned phoned the dealership after 2 days and they explained the process to me.....I would have never figured it out.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Cindy_N_Gary

This is amazing. I had the exact same thing happen to me on my Cougar 26SAB in Montana last week! Thanks a lot!

2012 Cougar XLite 26SAB 5th Wheel
2016 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel 4X4 DRW
Cindy_N_Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
mountainlivin

Ok, I will join the I feel stupid club. I had the thing happen. I pulled out the light and disconnected the wire to turn off. Guess I will fix that and turn off at the remote. Thanx smart guys.
mountainlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
chuckretnav

Smile Docking Lights

I have a 327res 2011 and mine has done the same thing. My problem was not with the remote. My remote for some reason is always eating the battery so I don't even use the darn thing. But first time my lights came on like everyone else tried everything, nothing worked lights still on. Got home parked and disconnected the battery and heard a click. Lights out. Relay reset. So about a year later lights still doing there thing and I disconnect the battery, everything ok. Moved to Texas same thing was waiting for new house to be built, living in the fiver. New friend walks pass and tells me (You know if you would put something under your landing gear to break the contact from the ground, those lights wont come on) His dealer told him its a build up of static electricity.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote