Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
jmffmj

kitchen gray tank loose

I have a 26sab. I noticed looking under the rv on the left side by the tires, my kitchen holding tank pressing down on the undercover to the point it is bulging down. I emptied the tank and the bulge receded. I cut open a small square hole in the bottom dust cover and noticed one corner of the holding tank was loose. Keystone has NO diagrams of where or how the holding tanks are placed or attached. Anyone know where I can find diagrams? I probably will have to have it serviced since I'm getting too old to crawl under and do it myself. It might have come loose while being bounced around while traveling. I need to know if it is cradled on supports or just screwed on.

Jim
jmffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Unfortunately, Keystone does not have diagrams or schematics for electrical or plumbing - including the holding tanks. They are just not available.

If you have a friend who could crawl underneath and have a peek inside, that might help determine how the tank is attached and supported. The tank would be far too heavy to be supported only by screws. Often, it is held in place by metal straps or some other type of cradle.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Jim Dow

Digital Pics = Diagrams

It's too bad that Keystone has not learned about digital camera technology by now. A few digital pics of key installations would be a great help to new owners!!!
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Fastback

Jim, I have a 01 Laredo which I just finished wire brushing and painting the chassis. I have 2 gray water tanks each are supported by brackets that run the width of the camper. The tubing is under the lip of the tank. That is all there is. There are no straps on the tanks.

My brackets are made from rectangular tubing with flat plates welded at the ends. The plates have 4 holes in which a couple of #14 self tapping metal screws are driven in to the frame. All 4 of my tanks are installed in the same manner.

Hope this helps
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote