Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Scottinvt

Passport 235exp major issues

Well we ordered a new passport 235 exp back in Sept 2011 and brought it home in November and there it parked for the winter covered. First time using it we discovered a flaw with the front bed area tent. Brought it to the dealer to replace the tent per keystone. They had a tough time putting the new one on and we were asked to leave it. We did and picked it up a week later to discover that it was not installed properly. So I made the dealer come the 60 miles and pick it up and deliver it when it was repaired. Yesterday it arrived back home and when we opened it you cannot believe the mess !!! Silicone caulking from one end to the other, grease stains everywhere and it still leaks. I sent pics to the owner of the dealership and today he makes a decision on where we go from here. Seems like it has to go back to Keystone to be repaired. Ugh so frustrating !!!!! Any ideas from anyone . Are we asking too much for them to give us a new unit of equal value?
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

A botched repair job by the dealer is not a Keystone problem, rather a dealer problem. I'm sure that Keystone will get involved to make sure your RV is repaired properly, but the dealer is to blame on this one, not Keystone. I'd work with the dealer (owner and service manager) to get it repaired to your satisfaction. If you can't, then possibly Keystone will give you suggestions on where to take it (another dealer) with a better capability to repair the problem.

I'd stay on top of this with "ferver" but also realize that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Keep your cool and don't let your frustration trap you in a corner (so to speak) with the dealer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
Scottinvt

Oh I agree this is a dealer issue and that's why I'm now dealing with the owner. Should have answers today I hope. Never pays to lose your cool
Old 06-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

Being in the auto service biz you are right stay calm even though the dealer messed up between the owner and keystone i bet it will get worked out. Just sad it had to go this way. i know the fustration. I had my first tt back to the dealer for a water leak. my dw put towles down on the floors. when we came to pick it up it was in the samecondition as yours grease silcone on the floors the towles were clean (great) and when they opened the slider they broke the cabinet door off and left it there on the floor. sad part was the owner said thats the way we gave it to them!!! and walked away so it looks like you might have better luck than we did. the best part wasthe survey they sent out asking if we were satisfied!! never been back. good luck hope it works out
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
hankaye

Scottinvt, Howdy;

Keep taking alot of pix and take good notes ... the more documentation you
have the more likely you are to have a satisfactory outcome.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Scottinvt

Well today we find out what the dealer and keystone will do. Sounds like we might get a new trailer? Factory told the dealer they installed the new front tent correctly but the dealer admitted to a not so good install. Should be interesting
Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

Wish you the best!!!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Scottinvt

Well today they offered a Passport 250BH for a even swap !! Done deal. !!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
rhagfo

Well that is a good deal, a nice step up and no canvas to deal with in the future.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
Scottinvt

Thanks , it shipped yesterday from Indiana !! We cannot wait !!