Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
Colts

Montana 375 FL

Hi, we are picking up our 2016 Montana 375 FL on Tuesday and was wondering if there are any owners on this forum with the same model? Would like to know your likes/ dislikes and things that we should be aware of on our walk through or PDI? Any information you could provide would be great. This is our 2nd 5th wheel and hope to have better luck with the Keystone model, thanks.
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Elk4me

We have a 2013 375FL. We have been full timing in it since September 1st. We bought it used and really like it. One issue I am looking dealing with is the front television doesn't seem to be connected to the coach cable or the coach antenna. I have been connected to the satellite connection using an external antenna. I haven't had the time to research it. Make sure all of the TV's work from the coach antenna. Our doors to the bathroom and bedroom are very finicky for level. They don't always latch well. I just had an issue with my MORryde pin box slipping last week on my way home and will be needing to get new bolts and torquing to manufacture specs. You may want to ask to verify the torque. You will probably be the first for that. Check the date of manufacture of the tires, if they are not within 6 months of delivery date, make them replace them. My tires are manufactured in Feb. 2012 and this trailer was first delivered in September 2013 so they were a year and half old at delivery. I will be replacing them very soon. Make sure the water tank holds water, run every fixture, check under sinks and run enough so that if there is leaks underneath it will show up. I had a new 2008 Cougar that was full when I took delivery, I should have suspected something was wrong when there was a lot of water on the pavement. The first time I tried to fill the fresh water, it took nearly 2 hours. The fill tube was pinched between the frame and the coach. Nobody can tell me that the dealer wasn't aware of a problem. Anyway, just a few things I have run into.
As I said, we are pleased with this floor plan, I wish it had more storage but don't we all.
I will gladly answer any other questions if I can.
2011 Open Range Roamer 281FL
2013 Chev Silverado 6.6 Duramax
Elk4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #3
dcg9381

Those are nice rigs. You may want to replace the OEM tires (anyway) regardless of date if you're going to see lots of miles. Search for threads with Maxxis or Saulin. I consider replacing the factory tires part of the "insurance cost".

The best thing that you can do when picking up ANY new rig is get a copy of the PDI checklist and spend the required time (usually hours) going through that checklist before taking delivery. Once you drive off the lot, you may be subject to whatever service availability that your dealer has. They're most motivated to fix it before you've signed and picked it up.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
Colts

375 fl

So far we have a couple minor problems but fixable, but I have a question about the electric 6 point leveling system. The back 4 jacks appear to sit really low towards the pavement and I am afraid of going over speed bumps or into out of drive ways that I would take one off because they sit so low. Is this the norm? It appears that the jacks are adjustable but will that throw the whole stabelizing process off? Anybody had this issue, thanks?
Colts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
gearhead

Mine are low as well. I had people ask me if I had forgot and left them in the down position. Our driveway is very steep and they just "kiss" when pulling out to the street.
Be carefull backing into camp sites that have curbs at the back.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote