Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
PT RV`er

Pulling the trigger

Well after many weeks of physically checking out new rigs and searching the internet for a year, we`ve decided to trade in our `04 Dutchman Sport and get a new `13 Passport 32FB Ultra Lite Elite. We don`t have kids but the bunk houses have more storage than the regular units. Besides I go fishing with my 2 fishing buddies and I got to put them somewhere. We are taking delivery this Saturday at 9am. I am ready with my PDI list and next week I`m going fishing with my 2 fishing buddies so it will be a great shake down trip. I`ll post pics after I pick her up.
PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
byrdr1

Cool and enjoy your new camper and fishing trip.

Randy Sent this from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
mom2budnbug

Congratulations. We opted for a bunkhouse, somewhat for the kids, but even more for the storage. Enjoy your fishing trip.
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
81SHOVELHEAD

Congratulations
We will be picking up our new 28RLS on Friday & take her out for a maiden voyage for 10 days on the Texas Gulf coast on Oct.25.
Enjoy the new Rig & hope you catch lots of fish .
Mike D,
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Kristi

Congrats! Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - [

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
PT RV`er

Thanks everybody, getting excited. Although I think I might have to wait till Monday, all depends on this storm in the gulf.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck. We have a bunkhouse and it is the wife and I mostly but we like the room.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #8
Hillhopper

Congrats! My wife and I signed the papers for the same rig yesterday. Let us know how your PDI goes and if you found anything we should look for.
Enjoy your trip!
Hillhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
PT RV`er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillhopper View Post
Congrats! My wife and I signed the papers for the same rig yesterday. Let us know how your PDI goes and if you found anything we should look for.
Enjoy your trip!
Well my delivery date has been postponed till Monday , thanks to TS Karen. It`s absolutely gorgeous here today. I`m bumming, I really needed to pick it up as I am leaving on a fishing trip on Wednesday. This coming week will be interesting.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
PT RV`er

Quote:
Enjoy your trip!
Congrats on your new rig. Maybe we can keep in touch with different ideas we add to them or comforts that work better than what they come with. We have already pulled out our queen mattress from our old rig and plan on putting it in the new one. Mattresses that come with them just aren`t comfortable.
Anybody have any idea of an air mattress that feels like a real queen mattress but doesn`t have all the weight?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
PT RV`er

Well here she is. I`m taking her out on her maiden road trip today. Headed off to go catch some trout and redfish. Also I will be running thru the rig putting everything thru it`s paces. So far it pulls a heck of a lot easier than the Dutchman and my breaking distance has shorten. This 32FB has a four wheel break system where as my old Dutchman had a two wheel system. Makes all the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131008_153307.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	4294  
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
81SHOVELHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT RV`er View Post
Well here she is. I`m taking her out on her maiden road trip today. Headed off to go catch some trout and redfish. Also I will be running thru the rig putting everything thru it`s paces. So far it pulls a heck of a lot easier than the Dutchman and my breaking distance has shorten. This 32FB has a four wheel break system where as my old Dutchman had a two wheel system. Makes all the difference.
Nice Rig
Hope you catch lots of fish.
Be safe
Mike D
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
Hillhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT RV`er View Post
Congrats on your new rig. Maybe we can keep in touch with different ideas we add to them or comforts that work better than what they come with. We have already pulled out our queen mattress from our old rig and plan on putting it in the new one. Mattresses that come with them just aren`t comfortable.
Anybody have any idea of an air mattress that feels like a real queen mattress but doesn`t have all the weight?
Sharing ideas sounds like a great plan. This is our first travel trailer, so I'm open to experienced opinions and ideas.
That's funny that you mention the mattresses. Making those more comfortable was at the top of my wife's list. The current plan is to purchase memory foam mattress toppers. Those aren't terribly bulky or heavy.
Hillhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
coop

Memory Foam

Good plan on the memory foam, we put one on our bed and it makes all the difference.
coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #15
PT RV`er

Quote:
Sharing ideas sounds like a great plan. This is our first travel trailer, so I'm open to experienced opinions and ideas.
That's funny that you mention the mattresses. Making those more comfortable was at the top of my wife's list. The current plan is to purchase memory foam mattress toppers. Those aren't terribly bulky or heavy.
We haven`t done anything yet to the bed. I just got my rig back this week. On my maiden fishing trip weekend, I found a few warranty issues. I had a swollen main breaker that was tripping, the bathroom door kept hitting the light on the ceiling and a leaky toilet. Had all that fixed and while it was there, I had them add the air vent covers and 2 slide toppers. So now we can start working on the inside to make it more like home.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #16
PT RV`er

My next trip out will be to a scale so I can get accurate weights and balances. I always like to know the true weights of what I`m pulling.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #17
PT RV`er

Hillhopper, check your door locks for the recall. Both my door locks are affected. Also the stabilizer jacks have a safety recall. the self tapping screws they used to mount them with seem to be breaking off the heads of the screws. Dealer should fix this recall.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
08quadram

Congrats! I looked at that model with 2 girls, but was more than I wanted to pull with a 1/2 ton truck. I ended up with the 2920bh. Wife didn't want the outside stove, but we haven't used the inside stove yet because of it. Only a few issues and recalls as mentioned above and I had to shorten the vent tube for the water tank fill.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote