Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #51
Robert Campbell

We camp March through November for 3 to 7 days per month. Our children are grown and married but we still do birthday camping/fishing long weekends and the occasional beach trip with both of them. My wife is retired which helps and we live in northeastern North Carolina. I hear many people say they don't think they get their moneys worth out of their camper. My question to them is "How do you feel when you go camping?". If you are like me relaxed, happy, close to family, carefree, and with nature.

Robert Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #52
Local150

Use

I use mine 3 months every winter to get out of the cold in Illinois. Then mid April through mid October I rent a small lot on the Rock River here in nw
llinois,, where I have my fishing boat and small boat dock, it's about 10 minutes from home and stay in it 3 nights or so during the week

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM   #53
Libbett

We strive for twice a month starting in April, March if Pennsylvania weather allows. We do a couple local places (mostly early in the season for "shakedown") then we start going south for longer weekends. I'm a substitute teacher so am flexible and can work around DH's schedule. We have a small group, Wandering Souls, that we travel with, other times we take the grands to a Jellystone 1.5 hr down the road ($$$ but they love it) and come fall the rig stays in Blacksburg, VA for football season. We probably average 45-60 days/year. This year one of our grandsons had foot surgery so we weren't able to take them as much so we'll probably be only 45 days if we're lucky. We feel also that we need to use it often or it's a money pit but we're lucky enough to be able to park it at our house. Fingers crossed that DH finally takes the leap to work from the camper so we can take the show on the road and travel south for the winter!
Libbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #54
Rayburn1162

I wish more...

1 or 2 - 5 day winter trips witin 2 -3 hrs of North FL
3 weeks in the summer wherever we can find cooler air.
Labor day weekend
10 day fall trip to west Florida

Would do more but we love to spend time with our grands, Papa tutors the youngest some and since it is a spilt home, we treasure our time with the kids and also have home projects going on.

Want to do a 3 mth trip out West within a couple years..

Rayburn1162 is online now   Reply With Quote