Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
S&D--Forever

Quartsite or bust

Hello everyone, we are leaving soon for our first retirement trip to Arizona for a few months. We are planning to stop at Quartsite to take part in the rock and gem show, the craft fair and the big tent and rv sale. I have done the research and we are excited to leave in January. I know this little town swells from 4000 to over 100,000 people in January. My question is to the folks who have attended this gathering. How is the parking around the event for a crew cab F350. I would appreciate any and all tips or secrets from your experience. We are from Washington State and looking forward to meeting new friends while traveling.
S&D--Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Logan X

I’m jealous! I wish I was leaving on my first retirement trip. I wish you good luck and safe travels!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #3
roadglide

Hard top sand and rock backed over from 1000,s of years of 120 degree heat and sun under that crust is loose ground , most everywhere is flat simi leval. Stay out of the river beads . It's more like million people for the jamboree. We stay at la Posa west. BLM is even where some free and some paid for .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It's been several years since we've been there, but I don't recall any issues with parking (very crowded, so plan on walking) or with vehicle size. There are some roads you won't want to try without 4x4 and some places you just don't go, even with an ATV/UTV, but those aren't typically places a "sane and sober" person would even consider.

Enjoy, and plan on walking lots and lots.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #5
jsmith948

Agree with all of the above. Free parking is available - but crowded - you will end up walking a ways if you don't get there very early. We gave up on the free parking and paid $5 a day at a pay lot that was less than a block from the entrance to the gem show and the "gimmick-o-rama" tents. Love the gimmick-o-rama tents! Reminds me of when the carnival comes to town. Barkers selling their wares - all competing for the tourist dollars. BTW, if you don't mind driving 15 or 18 miles to the show, there is a great CG in Brenda (on the road from I-10 to Wickenburg).

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #6
S&D--Forever

Great tip thank you, I'll roll with the pay parking to make sure I get a spot everyday. We don't mind walking a ways to get there.
S&D--Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #7
roadglide

[QUOTE=S&D--Forever;318616]Great tip thank you, I'll roll with the pay parking to make sure I get a spot everyday. We don't mind walking a ways to get there.[/QUOTE. There is more then enough room for everybody interested in attending the rally . If you can get a spot with in walking distance good luck during The rally. The traffic is terrible parking tight around the rally even for Harley not so bad for atv.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote