Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #21
babaloo

Mornin...I had similar experience... 2018 keystone Cougar 279RKSWE...
Picked up brand new in Portland,Or....ran through how it works with salesmen...watched u-tubes, read manuals....
Did not see small stuff..i.e. many nails / staples protruding from bedroom carpet...plastic molding, on carpet edge, not secured....storage compartment wall flapping & not secured...front end-caplightstrips flapping, not glued down...inside roofing plastic cover strips,not glued down in several places...!!! A few other problems we discovered on our first trip, but local dealer could not duplicate, so we we're charged....etc...it's a 'half-ton towable' so the overall quality seems scimpier / more lightweight than non-halftons....someone told me every 36th or 48th or whatever model is ran through a tough obstacle course to check for wearability / craftmenship. Not sure if they do that, but I feel like we got a road-tested model. It's new, and we love it, but quality (I'm a retired carpenter), is not there...
GET IT ALL DONE B-4 WARRANTY RUNS OUT !
babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #22
Kmc318

Lake shore rv in Michigan

I live in Michigan and would not buy anything from them they do not care about the customer. I did buy a 5th wheel in Aug from a dealer in DeWitt Mi. They gave me great price and take care of service when needed stay far away from Lake Shore rv.
Kmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:29 AM   #23
Brooksamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksamc View Post
Ok I recieved my 2018 Keystone Hideout FKTS 24 April 2018. Guy dropped it handed me paperwork and left. The next day I tried to operate slides and they would not work. After 15 calls to seller I finally got a tech on the line and started tracing wires till I found the broke one about 2.5 hours later. I repaired it and the slides worked. I then took pics of dents, soft spot, trim bowed, and asked the seller about the damage (Lake-shore rv. in Michigan was the selling dealer) they never came up with a solution. Then I started noticing I had leaks under my kitchen window, in the kitchen cabinet, and along the hallway floor. I took it to a Keystone dealer here in Fort Worth, Texas 2 weeks ago and they tell me that they will not look at leaks after 90 days unless it has been serviced by a representative. I was never told to re-silicon my roof or windows within 90 days by anyone who sold or delivered my trailer.
My shower stall now has a crack in the corner about 3 inches they said they might cover that problem, and the soft spot in the floor might be a warranty. The spot in the floor I told them the first day I had the trailer that it was there.
I bought a brand new trailer, but got a trailer that has lots of problems. I only want them to fix whats is wrong with it, not anything more. Is that too much to ask from a company? Any body that has dealt with Keystone before on warranty please give me an idea of what to do next.
Thanks and God bless you.
David Brooks
update on the issues
Dealership says rooftop and face coming apart and will cover this under warranty. Shower stall crack will be covered under warranty. Soft spot in floor from drop off day will not be covered by warranty. So 2 out of 3 is better than nothing, thanks for all the info from posts. Have a blessed day.
Brooksamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:21 AM   #24
wiredgeorge

I recalled that Lakeshore RV in Michigan is a big eBay seller and seemed to have very attractive prices. Seeing this thread, I looked up yelp reviews. Note that after the published reviews, yelp mentioned there are 150 odd additional reviews they didn't bother post for some reason. Looking at the published and unpublished, this Lakeshore RV business seems to have a lot of unhappy customers. Lesson here is to do some research before buying from any particular dealer.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lakeshore-rv-center-muskegon-2

Oh year, story continues on BBB site with 21 complaints in the past 3 years:
https://www.bbb.org/us/mi/muskegon/p...257/complaints
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for the update and I'm glad Keystone is taking care of those issues. I hope the "soft spot" in the floor is just from the construction of the floor and not some kind of deterioration due to moisture or something.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #26
DonnieBlitz

We bought a new 2018 Fuzion X Edition 5th wheel toy hauler from Lakeshore RV and they treated us very well. Camping World of Bridgeport NJ didn't have that model we wanted. No Camping World anywhere in the country actually because I looked!
So we traveled from NJ to pick it up. We did the walk thru and found a couple of issues. So we stayed right on the dealership in our new coach until things got fixed. Brought it home no problem. Only thing I wish is I would have known to "bag" the truck before bringing it home . We did our shake down run to Sturgis and back for the rally. After getting home we had a couple of issues that Camping World of Bridgeport NJ is taking care of VERY well. I just thought I would give another side to show how things can work out.
DonnieBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote