Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2023, 03:45 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

I don't think I saw this info;

Where is this trailer parked? Is it plugged into shore power or is it just sitting there trying to run off the batteries? Anyone in it or ?? Did the wiring get corrected and who did it? If those are 2 new Dragonflys and wired correctly one shouldn't be running down while the other is doing nothing apparently.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 04:35 PM   #22
Gemde

Just sitting there under cover. This occurred before the battery shutoff could be installed. Maybe batteries were hooked up wrong, and I was only using one??
Gemde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 05:11 PM   #23
Gemde

Next unrelated question: RV Lock or Latch-it for keyless entry?
Old 10-21-2023, 03:52 PM   #24
Gemde

We had a great fall camping in our new trailer! Time to winterize. Does the 2704rk have a inlet to bypass the fresh tank and winterize, or should I use air? We live in Oklahoma.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:50 PM   #25
Jonahex2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemde View Post
We had a great fall camping in our new trailer! Time to winterize. Does the 2704rk have a inlet to bypass the fresh tank and winterize, or should I use air? We live in Oklahoma.
Just saw this, so you've probably already figured it out but....

There is a bypass on the water heater (on my 2704RK it is under a panel on the drivers side that is accessed by lifting the bed). Once that is done I drain everything (fresh water tank, hot water heater, and all the lines). Once that's done I disconnect the in line to the pump, attach a hose to that that goes into a gallon of rv antifreeze and I run this through all the sink lines, toilet, shower, outdoor hose until it all comes out pink. Once that's complete I reattach the water line into the pump and that's that.

I never blow anything out...

After that, I remove the batteries, put them on a trickle charger in the garage. I turn off solar charging as well since the panels will be covered and nothing to charge.

The camper does stay plugged in all winter, so before I cover it I make sure the fridge is cleaned out and off, and doors propped open.

Then I put the slide in, set up two small dehumidifiers (that I empty out periodically over the winter), and then put a small radiant heater inside on low to keep it somewhat warm inside.

After that the cover goes on and as I said I go in at least once every two weeks and make sure the dehumidifiers are emptied and that the temp is staying steady inside.

Jonahex2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport