Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
cbouley

Siding Cracking

has anyone else had problem with the siding on their trailer cracking? i have a 07 33' hornet and above both slides and both doors the siding is cracked. of course keystone does not want to fix it. as of now i need $5600.00 to fix that and my floor is rotten from a mysterious leak that cant be found.
cbouley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
DPars3624

cracked aluminum...also

I also have a 33flds, 2007. My aluminum has cracked or split vertical from corners of slide opening..and the entrance doors. A local RV repair company says it is common on longer trailers..from flexing. A hornet dealer locally says he has never heard of it...they are made to flex.
I am not the first purchaser so I'm probably s.o.l. as far as warranty..but the local reapir guy says that he has strips that go over top to cover them and thats all you need to do...apparently. I haven't had it done yet....2 more weeks until he can fit it in. Then I must decide if I want to keep it or sell it and get something else. His estimate is a couple of hundred bucks...and his opinion is that its not a big deal..and the trailer is not going to fall apart.
DPars3624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
vx929

Wall Cracks

I just discovered two cracks in the siding above the door of my 2009 Sprinter BH. The dealer I purchased from is going to look at the when we take the trailer down next week. I have only been an owner for 2 1/2 months but have already used the RV on 6 different weekends. I haven't taken the trailer on any rough roads either, just pavement and campground roads.
Has any one besides myself and the previous poster had this problem with the trailer walls cracking?

Vince X.
vx929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
sbebenelli

I have an aluminum sided trailer so I can't help you.

I do want to welcome you to the forum though.

2010 Keystone Hidout
2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 4:10 gears
Equal-i-zer Hitch
sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
badtrailer dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx929 View Post
I just discovered two cracks in the siding above the door of my 2009 Sprinter BH. The dealer I purchased from is going to look at the when we take the trailer down next week. I have only been an owner for 2 1/2 months but have already used the RV on 6 different weekends. I haven't taken the trailer on any rough roads either, just pavement and campground roads.
Has any one besides myself and the previous poster had this problem with the trailer walls cracking?

Vince X.
ps,the whole front of my trailer has leaking cracks,2006 hb 200,19000 on loan
badtrailer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
bamabiker

cracks,ripples and spiderwebbing

I got a 06 KS hobbi toyhauler that is delaminating on the sides and front.Looks terrible and owe too much to sell....not happy.
bamabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
driller901

Thumbs down same problem

my 07 29 bhs hideout same thing and i still owe i will never have a keystone again and this is my second one you would think i learned my lesson the first time
driller901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Abby

2011 299BHS- Fiber Cracks on Top Front of camper

Has anyone had any cracks in the fiberglass, top front where the turn trans to the roof? I own 2011 299BHS and its only seen this past winter here in New England, which was a bust as far as snow goes, none to speak of so that should not be the issue, camper is covered and snow raked if we had snow.
Three cracks, two up and over and one horizontal, 10 inchs long. Not near the seams or the rubber, only in the fiberglass. We have only used camper a hand full of times now, not happy with this find. Covered under warrenty?

Thanks for any info

Abby
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #9
KanTC

Abby,

Contact your dealer ASAP & make arrangements for them to inspect the trailer (cracks). The dealer would
then contact Keystone, if needed. The trailer has a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.....
there's no way that we (the forum members) could/would know if the cost of repairs will be covered.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
fla-gypsy

My 06 Keystone Hornet has been great and the chassis is overbuilt IMO. Maybe I was just lucky. I have never been a fan of fiberglass sided trailers, too many ways for them to get messed up.