Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #9
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
There are so many pretty fifth wheels out there.. I have a 3/4 ton duramax short bed 4x4 and we looked at Montana and Alpines... both are heavy with a lot of pin weight empty.

For that reason we bought the smallest Alpine at 34 feet, empty weight 11.5K with 2490 pin weight... loaded up for our standard traveling confit I’m at about 13K with close to 3000 pin weight ...

I’m comfortable with this, have towed all over the west... I’m aware of what is on my door sticker...

In my case with my truck I would not tow a 40 foot fifth wheel..
We are two that tow over GVWR, both telling that your new 5er is too much for you your 2500, that should be a bit of a wake up! I gave you a the benefit of only carrying less than half of the 5er Payload, please understand too much 5er for a SRW!
Do you have many miles on the TV? Think about trading back for DRW TV with the carrying capacity for that 5er, or pick a smaller 5er.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana, tow, tow vehicle