Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
roadglide

Big Bend Rio Grand National park

Big Bend Rio grand National park is my first stop right after Memoral day week end. That will be our only camp site with out reservation . Im a little concerned about camp ground site's being large enough for my 35 ft toyhualer and available sites. I have looked at u tube one camp ground is called Rio grand village it looks like a parking lot with hookups to the right . Making a left I'm entering National park. Someone with small airstreem narration the video really not showing me much . I'm asking has anybody visited Big Bend camp ground with a large rv?
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
Canonman

I use Google Earth when looking at camp sites. There is a measurement capability so you can accurately measure in feet, miles, meters etc.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
B-O-B'03

campground lin

From the link above:

This fairly large campground has 100 campsites that range in size from small tent sites to large pull-through sites that can fit a 40-ft. motor home. There are no hookups available in the facility but each site is provided with a picnic table, charcoal grill and bear-proof food storage locker. Some are also furnished with picnic shelters for shade. Generators are permitted in some sites. during designated generator hours. All campsites are within easy walking distance to water spigots and restrooms, and for those camping in motor homes and travel trailers, a dump station is provided at the campground's entrance. Showers and laundry facilities can be found at the Rio Grande Village Store just outside the entrance to the campground.

In all the years of going to the region, we have never actually camped in the park, it is one of our favorite places and we have been going since the early 80s.

-Brian
Old 04-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #4
roadglide

Thanks for the answer . I haven't used computer for a couple years. It's fixed and I can appreciate the Google earth and seems like improvements from the last time I used Google earth .
Old 04-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
Steve/

BOB'03 is spot on.
Just west of the Rio Grande Village Store is a parking lot with hookups, You can call the store and make reservation for these slots.
We just spent 5 day in the park, 2 weeks ago, had a great time. The high Temp's were 102 to 82, and dropped about 30* each night. We stayed in Rio Grande Village Campground, no hook up.
I do not know what the Temp's will be that time of the year and will you need air condition (hookup)?
Old 05-02-2019, 04:09 AM   #6
roadglide

Thanks all for replying. I don't mind roughing it occasional the nice thing about raving if I don't like I can leave .
Old 05-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
mfifield01

I stayed in the parking lot a few years ago. I walked through and looked at the sites in over the other area. I thought there were sites I could use, but not a whole lot. I have a 32' TT. Also, there are generator designated areas.