Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
chris7913

Flojet water pump air spitting

Hello all. I have the factory Flojet pump in my Sprinter. I dewinterized and did my regular routine. After filling HWT and bleeding air out the pump won't shut off when all the faucets are closed. I turn pump off manually and system holds pressure, no leaks. When I turn the pump back on and open a faucet I get above normal water pressue, followed by below normal pressure, air spitting then normal pressure. Turn off the taps and pump won't shut off. I dealt with this for our entire weekend trip. Would you think that a leak on the inlet side allowing air in is causing the pump to not get up to proper PSI or do you think the pressure sensor is gone? First time trying to trouble shoot a water issue. Thanks in advance.
chris7913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Go around and operate EVERY hot and cold outlet until water is steady. You may have an air pocket somewhere. If your positive you’ve bled ALL the air out of both the hot and cold lines, if the ump still runs you one of two issues. Either a failed diaphragm in the pump or a leak somewhere.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
chris7913

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Go around and operate EVERY hot and cold outlet until water is steady. You may have an air pocket somewhere. If your positive you’ve bled ALL the air out of both the hot and cold lines, if the ump still runs you one of two issues. Either a failed diaphragm in the pump or a leak somewhere.
I camped all weekend this way. No leaks anywhere. I tried to bleed system several times with no luck.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
trucker LOU

Hey Chris, check outside shower valves,on my springdale they leaked air into system. Also if your flojet pump uses retainer clips rather then screw on fittings they are prone to air leaks. ----Lou----
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
chris7913

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker LOU View Post
Hey Chris, check outside shower valves,on my springdale they leaked air into system. Also if your flojet pump uses retainer clips rather then screw on fittings they are prone to air leaks. ----Lou----
Checked outside shower when I dewinterized. I felt like the quick connect with o rings would be a possible issue. Almost want to switch to a shurflo pump with screw on connectors.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

We only install shur flo when doing any replacements. Failure rate is extremely low.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump