Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
ewkearns

Noobies!

The last camper we owned was a 1972 Nomad 10.5 foot slide on....! We still have the 1972 GMC K2500 truck.... but the camper is long gone!

We have a new (to us) 2006 Keystone Hornet 27RLS... and we'll be pulling it with a 2013 K1500 Chevy....

We towed it a few miles home with a weight bearing hitch, but knew that some sort of weight distributing hitch was in our future...

Sooooo..... today I got the real workout, torquing all of the fasteners on a 10K EQUAL-I-ZER Hitch... from 60 foot pounds to the gonad straining 430 foot pounds of the 2 5/26 ball......

Finished everything and all is within specs..... hope to be contributing some mods in the future..... I've been reading what others have done and it has given me a LOT to think about ....
ewkearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

ewkearns,

to the forum and congratulations on your "new to you" Hornet. I'm sure you'll see a world of difference towing with a weight distribtuion hitch.

It sounds like you've been exploring the forum and have found some things that interest you. Enjoy your time here and we're looking forward to hearing about your modifications. There's always a new and exciting idea that pops up from time to time. Just start a "show and tell" thread in Modifications and start telling us how you're making your RV just right for you.

Again, welcome, we're glad you joined us.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Congrats to you on your camper purchase
and we hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Glad to have you join the forum and please visit here often.

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote