Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
ruby1rose

Angry laredo 25+4

Hi, i have a laredo trailer that is pulled with a ford f350 crew cab diesel, it has been a great trailer till last fall, started to get big bubbles under fiberglass covering on front and now when i got out of storage they are on the right side to, the bubbles move and get bigger depending on how the sun hits it, any ideas on what to do, makes a nice trailer look like a wreck
ruby1rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The bubbles may be caused by delamination of the fiberglass. You indicate that your RV is under cover so it is out of the weather which might reduce the likelihood of a leak but it may have developed a leak problem at some point. Moisture may have gotten into the fiberglass and the layers separated forming bubbles.

Have you found any evidence of leaking? Go up on your roof and carefully inspect the joint where the front cap meets the rest of the roof. Have a look all along the top side where any gutters or trim are fastened to the roof/side. Check all of your vents and light markers.

There is probably an air space under one of the layers and when the air is warmed, it expands increasing the size of the bubble.
The delamination may have also been caused by a poor layup at the plant --- aka a "manufacturer's defect".
You didn't mention how old your unit is --- it may be still under warranty in which case I'd take it to your dealer asap. Also, are you the first owner?
I would also recommend that you take photos of the bubbles at different times of the day and in different light conditions for any future claim purposes.
Keep us posted on your problem.