Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
ex-egll

New to Keystone 386MBI question

Hi, firs time on the forum. We currently own a 2009 Sabre (Palomino) 31-RETS. We have traveled all over with it for the last 9 years and have now decided to settle at on site at Gulf Shores area in Al. While the Sabre has served as well, it is getting a little old and worn.

We have been looking for a replacement rig that will give us more room for crafts and hobbies and the floor plan of the Cougar 386MBI looks ideal. The new rig will travel about 200 YARDS each year as it is put into storage on site so I am not too worried about drivability issues, I would appreciate any feedback (good and bad) about the quality of the furniture, appliances, heating cooling (especially fan noise) etc. We probably won't be able to get to see the real thing for a few weeks, just trying to get prepared!

Many thanks
ex-egll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #2
smithfrh

We have a 2018 model the only things that we have found that are a nuisance are, small counter space, high fan noise from the ac. All of the appliances work fine there is plenty of room, furniture seems ok just remember that this is rv furniture not residential. We will be carrying ours to Gulf Shores in a couple of weeks for 5 months this will be the big test.
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #3
Firewall

We have had our 368 since last August, it's a 2019 model. I will agree the fan noise is a little loud and we noticed the refrigerator can struggle a bit when it is really hot out. The fridge fans will run when hot out which can be bad if you don't have AC power. Other that that we really like the trailer, plenty of room in the living area, bedrooms and bathroom. I also liked that Keystone put the second awning on the slide instead of over it, with both awnings open the outside covered area is really spacious.

The "In-Command" system is very convenient, you can virtually run the entire camper from your phone. Be sure to download the latest firmware releases. We found at the time the dealers did not know much about the system but I would guess that is changing now.

The only issue we had was the front led lights. One half failed but I was able to repair them without having to bring the trailer back to the dealer.

Good luck with your purchase and happy camping!
Firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:03 AM   #4
Frank G

Why don't you look at a destination trailer?
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
ex-egll

Thanks for the replies, sounds promising so far!

Frank G:
We started out looking at destination trailers, but the idea got scuttled when we discovered there was no external storage areas.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
Thanks for the replies, sounds promising so far!

Frank G:
We started out looking at destination trailers, but the idea got scuttled when we discovered there was no external storage areas.
Living 6 months as a snowbirds in Florida that conversation comes up quite a bit. Some folks consider large 5th wheels with large slides and spacious basements the answer, some folks with disabilities cant handle all the steps and go for TT or destination trailers. I guess that is why there are so many different configurations.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #7
ex-egll

That's very true Frank G! The permutations and combinations are endless we've found many rigs with features we like, but no single rig has all the features we want!

Tags
keystone