Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
grey ghost

Next year

Well decided to wait until next year to purchase a new Laredo, really they shot me a pretty good deal, but the wife will not retire until next year and we just thought we wouldn't get enough use out of it so we will wait. However, I'm going to start shopping early and work the deals as best I can. I worked this one down to $40,500.00 plus my 2011 Heartland Greystone, that was out the door too. The Laredo was a 2019 325RL, auto leveling, king bed, huge double door refrigerator, three t.v.s, outside kitchen and two A/C. It had every thing I wanted except awning on all the slides. Would like to have a generator also, but that might be asking for a bit much. Well, there is always next year, I hope!!!
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
Tbos

Hope you get a good deal next year too. As hard as it is to wait, try and enjoy it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
mtofell

I'd personally never trade in. Dealers just expect too large a profit margin. You can take their offer, add 10% and sell it on Craigslist within a week in most cases. This also frees you up to buy anywhere without having to work two deals at the same time. Search nationwide to find the lowest price (RVT.com, rvtrader.com, etc.) and decide how far you are willing to drive to pick it up. You should be able to get something around 60-70% of MSRP. I paid 20K (including WDH) on a 28.5K MSRP Salem in 2014. More recently I paid 31K on a 48K Keystone in 2017.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 AM   #4
RoscoeV

We really like our 2019 Laredo, it has everything we need and is really comfortable.
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Pathway X2 with DISH Wally
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
aehjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
I'd personally never trade in. Dealers just expect too large a profit margin. You can take their offer, add 10% and sell it on Craigslist within a week in most cases. This also frees you up to buy anywhere without having to work two deals at the same time. Search nationwide to find the lowest price (RVT.com, rvtrader.com, etc.) and decide how far you are willing to drive to pick it up. You should be able to get something around 60-70% of MSRP. I paid 20K (including WDH) on a 28.5K MSRP Salem in 2014. More recently I paid 31K on a 48K Keystone in 2017.
Yes, trade-in can be painful but you have to compare what they offer to what the average cost on RV Trader is. Our offered trade was close enough to what we might have gotten in a private sale that it wasn't worth having to pay for storage and insurance for two trailers while hoping for a sale.

Be careful about finding the lowest price without knowing about the dealer's reputation. Many of the discount trailer dealers pocket the PDI money given to them by Keystone and do not actually do the PDI. I've seen quite a few posts here about that problem.

If you are going to drive to get a trailer, we've had good luck with Windish RV in the Denver area. Their prices are well below the suggested retail price for all the trailers we looked at. We've purchased two trailers from them in five years and both checked out well upon delivery. The dealer was extremely responsive for the FZ300 when it had warranty issues and they have been responsive for a couple of small issues on the new trailer. If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll give you contact info for the salesman we bought our trailers from.
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote