Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
hitchikerman

info on Insurance

Has and one's rate increased on your rv...mine has. I called to ask why and right from the getgo they ask who was the primary driver and I told them it was me. Well after I told them that it went up another $30.00 and the reason is because I was older then the wife which she was the principal driver from the start. I have National General though Goodsam's
hitchikerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
66joej

Yes that insurance game is getting out of control.
Here in BC we have government run insurance ICBC.
They have sky high rates but if a person wants to make a claim they will go to the ends of the earth to find a way to deny your claim. Hope I never have to go through the ordeal of making a claim.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchikerman View Post
Has and one's rate increased on your rv...mine has. I called to ask why and right from the getgo they ask who was the primary driver and I told them it was me. Well after I told them that it went up another $30.00 and the reason is because I was older then the wife which she was the principal driver from the start. I have National General though Goodsam's
Interesting I have been thinking of checking into the insurance offers I keep getting from Goodsam, Thanks, I will have to change my address from the old folks home to a nearby college dorm
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Ours has not except for a general statewide increase in TX. I chose Geico instead of Goodsam due to rates and the feeling I had that it was just a sideline for them. Geico was much cheaper, and unlike you, when I told them I wore octofocal glasses, couldn't drive over 15mph because everything was blurred, couldn't mash the accelerator because I didn't have a knee, didn't generally have any luck trying to fit those new fangled keys into the "slot" and only drove 75 miles a year......they dropped my rate again!! She said the only reason I would have a wreck was if someone ran over me.....and they (Geico) wouldn't be liable!! Ain't life grand? (Everything past "Geico was much cheaper" is just BS - couldn't help myself
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
cardinal96ss

We bundle our RV insurance with that of the house and other vehicles (way too many BTW). Regardless of company, we have found that after about 3 years rates will climb rapidly for no reason. That forces us to go thru the comparison shopping routine, find better rates, and we'll be good for another 3 years or so. Talking with a couple insurance agents confirmed our experiences and it seems they expect that.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal96ss View Post
We bundle our RV insurance with that of the house and other vehicles (way too many BTW). Regardless of company, we have found that after about 3 years rates will climb rapidly for no reason. That forces us to go thru the comparison shopping routine, find better rates, and we'll be good for another 3 years or so. Talking with a couple insurance agents confirmed our experiences and it seems they expect that.
Unfortunately, I think the above is true. I've been told the same thing by one of the insurance companies when comparing rates. In my case the rep said "a couple of years".
Old 02-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
cpaulsen

We had National General also.......had it for 3 years...no claims and nothing had changed. Went up over 30%. Swapped to Progressive and saved way over 50% vs. National. We full-time.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #8
rrjernigan

We fulltime are are will National General through Good Sam. Good so far. Rates went down this year due to change from DRV to Montana. Looked at several others but thought they might not really be understanding we are full time in the RV.
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #9
notanlines

Our Geico insurance stayed the same this year; RV, truck, Corvette and motorcycle. BUT, our State Farm, after 41 years, escalated to $2800 per year on the house. We found another broker and paid $1700 per year and less deductible. Hey, State Farm: Ptttttttt
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Our Geico insurance stayed the same this year; RV, truck, Corvette and motorcycle. BUT, our State Farm, after 41 years, escalated to $2800 per year on the house. We found another broker and paid $1700 per year and less deductible. Hey, State Farm: Ptttttttt
I used to use State Farm for EVERYTHING, houses, boats, cars, trucks, playtoys because I was a good friend of the agent. Initially they were competitive 30+ years ago. I kept getting notices in the mail telling me they were adding this clause, that clause etc. (dozens of them) until I felt like I didn't have much coverage. THEN they hit us with a 30% increase and I went ballistic. All my agent could tell me was that State Farm had decided they needed to raise rates in the state. What? 30 years? One roof claim for hail and one claim to have a headlight replaced on my truck due to an non insured backing into it. Moved to Geico and saved 50%. Put the boats on Progressive. Left my vacation home in NM on State Farm because in that state they still had the best rate. Generically speaking (taking into account the above statements) I do not view them as a company I want to deal with.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
WOW! I guess the government run ICBC looks like a deal for us up here in Canada. I hope they are not on this forum. LOL.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
WOW! I guess the government run ICBC looks like a deal for us up here in Canada. I hope they are not on this forum. LOL.
A "government run" anything is not a deal for anyone. OK - no more political "stuff"