Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
EVMIII

No power to autolevel

I went out this morning to start prepping my Alpine for a weekend camping trip and have no power to my leveling system keypad. The rest of the camper has power, battery is fully charged, hooked to 50 amp power. Fuses all look good, no breakers tripped but a dead keypad. I have an extended service contract through the dealer and they are sending somebody out (sometime), anything else I can check in the meantime? Lucky I ended up with the service contract after the converter failed, since then the fridge crapped out and now the leveler. Very frustrating!
Old 01-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

It won't be a breaker since the leveling system is 12V. Is it level up (hydraulic) or ground control (electric)?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
EVMIII

Update 1. My diagnosis was premature. I went back out and checked the slides, nothing. Everything working of 110 is working, nothing from 12 volt. Sounds like a converter problem again. Still crappy, but easier to fix.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
EVMIII

Tech from dealer showed up today, problem turned out to be in the battery disconnect switch. A connection problem, repaired, back in business.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad it was an easy fix.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
ChuckS

Glad your problem was a simple fix.. what was wrong with the power disconnect switch? Do you use it much?
Also bummer you had trouble with fridge. What was the problem with it?

I have the same year and model you do.. so far other than a few cosmetic issue with inside trim and a squealing slide out ( that I fixed ) ours has been very good...
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
EVMIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Glad your problem was a simple fix.. what was wrong with the power disconnect switch? Do you use it much?
Also bummer you had trouble with fridge. What was the problem with it?

I have the same year and model you do.. so far other than a few cosmetic issue with inside trim and a squealing slide out ( that I fixed ) ours has been very good...
I don't ever use the battery disconnect, but I did jostle things around in there trying out some battery configurations. Looked ok, but maybe I did something.

The frig just stopped cooling, wouldn't chill below about 50. They replaced some internal piece under warranty, works great now.

Also had the charger go bad on the converter. Also replaced under warranty.

Like you, had a couple trim issues I resolved myself.

Love the camper, I don't normally get extended warranty but because I read so much about the lack of quality control on all RVs I did and have got my money's worth. All trips have been with in a couple hundred miles, planning our first big trip in Aug (Yellowstone, Teton, Glacier, Rushmore), hoping to get through all these issues before the big trip.

Anybody with a Alpine convert to to 6v's? Space is very tight on the existing battery tray. I think I'm going to start a new post for the battery question.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:29 PM   #8
weevedogg

This happened to me and I believe there is an in line fuse and believe it was by the hydraulic pump or in the wiring from Battery box to level control panel in the front storage box where the wiring is on the ceiling
weevedogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power