Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
davvalh

Landing gear legs

I have a 2014 Springdale fifth wheel. I think one of the drop down legs (the one with the holes) is bent. Does any one know how the are fastened in the inner leg of the landing gear? Also how long are they?
davvalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
randy69

Re: Landing gear legs

There should be a manufacture and model number on one of them. Mine are venture .. I took my slave off and bought one with a second motor. Have one for free you pay for shipping. Also have the square tubing they call the drive shaft to the slave... Just sitting in a box in the garage..

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
eds451

Do you still have the landing leg???

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy69 View Post
There should be a manufacture and model number on one of them. Mine are venture .. I took my slave off and bought one with a second motor. Have one for free you pay for shipping. Also have the square tubing they call the drive shaft to the slave... Just sitting in a box in the garage..
Where did you purchase the single leg? What brand landing gear do you have? Thinking of doing the same.
Thx
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
mtofell

Do they fall out the bottom if the trailer is raised enough? If so, try swapping them to see if the problem switches sides. If so, the fix is pretty easy in that you just need a new part. If the upper part is bent it gets more complicated, of course. I've had this happen on a couple 5th wheels before. Even my brand new Keystone Hideout had this at the time of delivery. At the PDI I noticed it and luckily they just swapped the lower part with another unit on their lot and everything has worked great since. I suspect they are made so that the lower part will bend/fail first since it's easiest to replace. Of course, that is applying logic which often times escapes RV manufacturing so maybe it's just luck.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Landing gear legs

The lower (inner) legs are only held in place by the pins. The upper (outer) legs are held in the housing by the gearing and the housing is mounted to the frame.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landing gear