Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Grandpastock

2005 Zeppelin Z281 second owner

Doesn't everyone buy a camper in December in Michigan? Well we just did. Got it from the original owner and the unit is in MINT condition! Other than the decals peeling off the outside, you wouldn't know it was used! He even replaced the tires a couple of years ago with some nice Goodyears claiming the original Chinese ones were crap - and they never took it more that 70 miles away! This is our third camper - started out with a hybrid, then got a 19' Aerolite - cute, but too small. This 28' seems to be just right. I'm seeing some horror stories about leaks in these units - do you guys just to regular inspections or put tarps over during storage or what? I didn't pay alot for it but I'd like to keep it pristine. Also - what's up with the H2O fillup being on the RH side of the unit? Anyway, looking forward to using this next year. Pulling with our '03 Tahoe
Grandpastock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas. Some Zepps did experience leaking problems but I am not sure whether those leaks are a result of lack of owner maintenance, a real problem with the roof and window seals or a few Zepp owners who made a lot of noise about their leaks.

Some people do use tarps but the general consensus seems to be to leave the unit uncovered and if the roof has been inspected regularly and caulking/sealant has been applied properly and when needed, your roof should remain trouble-free. If you do choose to cover your roof, just make sure you use a breatheable fabric - not a poly tarp - and tie it down securely.

City and potable water connections are almost always found on the driver's side. If yours is located on the other side, you may find that you will need an extra long hose at some campsites.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
antiqfreq

By the time you figure out all the ins/outs of your new to you RV - it will be spring and you'll be able to get out and do some camping in it !

Welcome to the forum!

Happy to have you with us!!

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Grandpastock

Sold my old camper

It was 65 up here in Michigan on Sunday so I posted my old Aerolite on Craigslist - sold it the next day to the second people who looked at her. Down to only one camper now - Can't wait to start using our Zep! Come on Spring
Grandpastock is offline   Reply With Quote