Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
Jim_VaBeach

New Member from Virginia Beach, Va

My Wife and I just bought a 2011 (New) Alpine 3555RL. We had a Terry TT so this is going to be new for us with alot more room. I look forward reading comments in the forum and hopefully find some good tips. Maybe I can find out why there is a separate black water and grey water hook up and how to manage them. Hopefully our new 2011 Silverado 2500HD Duramax totes this pretty good. Picking it up next week!
Jim_VaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
wrighfr58

Jim

Welcome! I recently bought a 2012 Laredo 335TG that had two hook-ups as well. Upon investigation, I realized that the frame used was for a second bathroom. My floor plan does not have a second. I only have to worry aboy the black and gray set in the rear.

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel
wrighfr58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
Ron

Welcome Jim to the forum, We looked at a new Apline last weekend and noticed the 2 waste location. I don't know why the factory does this and the dealear couldn' help either. Being a plumber it looked pretty simple to hook the 2 together without interference with the axels, I sure don't want to carry and hook up the extra hose needed to drain the trailer, just my 2 cents worth. Happy Campin........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Jim_VaBeach

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to reading and learning
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_VaBeach View Post
My Wife and I just bought a 2011 (New) Alpine 3555RL. We had a Terry TT so this is going to be new for us with alot more room. I look forward reading comments in the forum and hopefully find some good tips. Maybe I can find out why there is a separate black water and grey water hook up and how to manage them. Hopefully our new 2011 Silverado 2500HD Duramax totes this pretty good. Picking it up next week!

That’s a pretty heavy trailer for a ¾ ton truck (15,500#). Even with minimum loads it will be hard to keep the pin weight below 3000# especially with a second A/C and washer/dryer. But, there are many that do it so good luck and many happy trips.

http://keystone-alpine.com/index.php...pecs&year=2011

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
Jim_VaBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
That’s a pretty heavy trailer for a ¾ ton truck (15,500#). Even with minimum loads it will be hard to keep the pin weight below 3000# especially with a second A/C and washer/dryer. But, there are many that do it so good luck and many happy trips.

http://keystone-alpine.com/index.php...pecs&year=2011

CW
The trailer is 12500 and we have no plans to leave town with it.
Loading with extras will be minimal. We just stay at our private campground plus we do not plan on the washer/dryer. This is our weekend getaway. The truck had zero problems towing to the campground. I appreciate the concern though.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
Jim_VaBeach

Quote:
The trailer is 12500 and we have no plans to leave town with it.
Loading with extras will be minimal. We just stay at our private campground plus we do not plan on the washer/dryer. This is our weekend getaway. The truck had zero problems towing to the campground. I appreciate the concern though.
I caved and bought the 2012 dually back in March. Much more secure with this truck.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
Jim_VaBeach

Quote:
I caved and bought the 2012 dually back in March. Much more secure with this truck.
I know, I know, wrong place to post this.