Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
gpawall

Polar Pack

We're comparing a Laredo to a Cougar. All Cougars seem to have a Polar Pack as standard--the Laredo(s) do not. Exactly what does the Polar Pack provide and is it worth it for southern (Texas) winter camping?
gpawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

First let me welcome you to the forum. The Cougar has the Polar Package. (Enclosed underbelly, heated tanks & valves, etc. ) The Laredo has the same but calls it the Glacier Package. They are both mid level trailers that give a lot for your $$$. It comes down to floorplan and price for what each model offers and what fits your families needs and wants. Whichever one you choose, I hope to see you back here soon, towing a new trailer. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

It might also be worth noting that the underbelly heating only takes place, I believe, when the furnace is operating. Otherwise, it is not being heated.
And a warm welcome to the forum.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
pjhansman

To be fair, the Laredo can also come with the Canadian Extreme package.....but your need for that in Texas may be limited.
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

plocklin,

You've asked your question in a thread that has been "dead" since 2011. The OP was last on the forum in 2011 and the member who made the most recent response hasn't been on the forum since 2015. Additionally, there have been two recent (within 30 days) threads discussing operation of the furnace while towing. If you use the search feature and type in some simple phrases like "Operating furnace while towing" or "Towing with furnace" you'll find a number of responses.

Often it's more productive to start a new thread if you can't find the information you're seeking rather than to reopen a "dead thread" from years gone by, since many (maybe most) of the members who were posting in that "old thread" are no longer active on the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Bingo 57

I have the 2016 Cougar with the "Polar Package", & the furnace is the heat for the enclosed belly as far as I can find on my unit. Have been out several time this winter, but have only used the dry camping tecneak. Mainly due to laziness, & not wanting to winterize my unit. Also welcome & you will find a wealth of info on this site. I have!
Bingo
Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote