Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
bitten

Three door shower lock

I have read about the shower lock coming unfastened and the doors breaking. At least mine did not break. But the locking mechanism came off the door during travel.
I reinstalled used some locktite on the screw. Hopefully it will hold up.
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Many people have had problems with sliding doors on showers, room entry and closet doors that either have 'ineffective" latches or that have latches that break or some even without latches at all...

Some owners have resorted to a very effective "owner approved and manufactured" system of short pieces of wooden dowel or even rigid foam to lay in the tracks at the bottom of the doors. Once the door is closed (or opened) and the dowel is laid in the track, the door is effectively "locked in place" and won't move during travel. It's a "quick and easy" way to resolve the broken shower door problem, if you remember to lay the dowels in place before towing. Of course, even with the "OEM System" you need to remember to use the lock as well......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Cbrez

Thanks for the warning. I've added my tube of loctite to the RV tool bag. It's amazing How many things can go wrong that I have never even considered. Returned from one trip to find the kitchen pendant light hanging by a thread. Thumb screw had vibrated out. More loctite. Thanks again for the tip.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote