Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
huhhhhh

Refueling Station

Every time I try to use the refueling pump the fuse blows. Anyone else have this problem?
See also: Wizard, Magician.

2012 Fuzion 405
huhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
canesfan

Not sure it's the same issue, but there have been lots of reports about the gears swelling and causing this to happen. Couldn't find it here, but google "refueling station gears swell" or swollen and you'll come up with a lot of info.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhhhhh View Post
Every time I try to use the refueling pump the fuse blows. Anyone else have this problem?
X2 on canesfan comments listed below is member posts on this subject. if I recall correctly there was a post identifying parts

Here it is Good Luck

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ght=fuel+gauge
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The problem with "swollen gears and blown fuses" has been an issue for at least the last 5 years. Here's a link to one of the forum threads from 2012: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ight=fuel+pump

If I remember correctly, sometime around 2015 or so, there was a retrofit kit that replaced all the phenolic gears with aluminum ones (if I remember correctly). Knowing how "Chinese cost cutting" goes, my guess would be that sometime in 2016, an engineer somewhere "forgot why" and switched back to phenolic gears..... Hmmmmm what's that about, "if you don't remember history, you're bound to repeat it"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
xrated

So, is this the GPI EZ 8 model pump? I hope not, because I just bought one of those for my Diesel transfer tank that i just installed. This is the first I'd heard about the pump issues.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

xrated,

Go to the thread link I listed in my previous post. There's drawings, part numbers and solutions to the Keystone OEM pump and handle. Whether the model you just bought is the same, similar or entirely different ??? But knowing the background may save you some hassles "down the road" a year or more from now. Something to just "log away in the back of your mind".....

ADDED: The pump listed in that thread is a GPI EZ8RV. That may or may not be the same "exact model" as yours, but it looks like it's "in the same family".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
xrated

Thank you John, I'll check it out for sure!

OK, I just got through reading the thread that you linked to. I didn't go out to look at the fuel pump on the Toy Hauler, but I'm fairly certain it's the same one that y'all are talking about. Of course I had no idea about this when I ordered my fuel pump for the transfer tank last week and received it this past Friday. I installed the pump and a fuel filter that I bought, in the tank this past weekend and got it wired up and tested yesterday. It works like a champ.......so far! The one difference is that the transfer pump that I ordered is just a plain GPI EZ8.....with no "RV" designation on the end of the model number. Well, thanks to all for posting this, as I now know what to do if/when either/both fail. I guess the key thing to keep in mind is to not take off too much material from the gear teeth causing the pump to not pump.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel