Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Dr Bobs Patient

Question Installing Dryer Vent '16 333MKS ???

I'm installing a Splendid 2100XC vented washer dryer combo in my 2016 Cougar 333MKS. When I got into the w/d cabinet I found these instructions for installing a dryer vent:

FIRST - In the washer/dryer cabinet
Drill a hole in rear wall inline with dryer outlet.
SECOND - Remove panel in front storage pass thru.
THIRD - Locate vent in sidewall in step area on door side of unit & run hose between outlet & vent.

These instructions make no sense to me.
1) Is the rear wall reference the rear wall of the cabinet? If so, that would be front of the FW. And by what I can find, there's not enough clearance in that wall for a 4" pipe.
2) My front storage is not a pass thru and the pass thru storage removable panel is located on the opposite side away from the bedroom. I do not see a pathway for a vent through the pass thru storage.
3) The step area door side is 15 feet away from where the w/d cabinet is. That seems an awful long way to go for a dryer vent.

Can anyone shed any light on these instructions or should I just locate the vent in the side wall of the FW which I have read about in all of my searches concerning installing dryer vents?

Any information, pictures or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance as many of my other questions have been answered through the search feature here.

Bruce
Old 11-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Dr Bobs Patient

Re: Installing Dryer Vent '16 333MKS ???

I didn't get any replies here but got some other responses on other sites. Here's what I did. I cut out the side of the cabinet to gain access. As you can see it's a little ugly but I cannot see it with the WD installed!

As you can see the first location didn't work as there was part of the aluminum structure in the way. I then lowered it and checked to make sure nothing else was in the way, measured again and had to move over a little to avoid hitting the trim on the exterior. Drilled a small hole through the exterior and double checked that vent would hit anything out there.
And the exterior -

The exterior dryer vent was white from Lowes and I had some Dark Rubbed Metallic Bronze spray paint that matches the Cougar's bottom skirt perfectly.

I sent Keystone an email asking to clarify their instructions and they told me to take the unit to an authorized dealer to do the work and sent me a copy of their warranty. I didn't expect anything different.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
Alpine

Re: Installing Dryer Vent '16 333MKS ???

Very nice! Gotta love a DIY project that comes together as planned.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent