Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #41
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
A ribbon or such is a great idea...but wont help my situation as it doesnt raise/lower - it is staionary and auto tune.
The Co Pilot gps app is supposed to take into acount length, height, width, and weight. Guess not so much! Would go back to paper maps, but I have never seen one that gives every overpass height, and weight restricted bridges/roads and such.
Sounds like there really isnt a cure all fix for this. I wonder if the truckers app version would be any better?
Troy
Buy yourself a Motor Carriers Atlas, it is highlighted for truck routes, so if a truck can go so can you, with a list by state of low clearances.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #42
Getn off

I will hunt one down Danny, thx.
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #43
PaulRod

Oh yes the GPS will give you fits. But I see that you are thinking of satellite TV. Well slow down on that. You might want to do some research before you plunk down your cash. I don't have a suggestion for you but it seems satellite may be old school. We just traded our class A that had in motion DirecTV. We bought a Cougar TT. We had to leave the dish behind. My DW rigged something up with her phone and a Verizon hot spot. I just tell her what I want to watch and she gets it. I don't even want to know how it works. Plus DirecTV went up in price.
PaulRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #44
Getn off

Sounds like something similar to what we are currently using mainly, Roku. We can use it to access our Netflix and Prime. We can also access or cable company channels, but forgot my login this trip! We are not very techi, so we like the sat idea more than we should I know. Def cheaper than sat, but wife does watch a lot of TV. And we need to make sure she is happy!
Thx,
Troy
Old 07-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #45
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
Sounds like something similar to what we are currently using mainly, Roku. We can use it to access our Netflix and Prime. We can also access or cable company channels, but forgot my login this trip! We are not very techi, so we like the sat idea more than we should I know. Def cheaper than sat, but wife does watch a lot of TV. And we need to make sure she is happy!
Thx,
Troy
We quit using the Sat because the cable in the RV is too troublesome. Too many splitters. We also cut the cable at our S&B and now we only stream Netflix and Prime. Direct TV has a streaming service with 65 channels and it's all the ones we watch not 800 that we never watch. It's $50/mo as oppose to the $160 we were paying for Direct Sat at home. Check out Direct TV Now. Also I think Xfinity has a similar offering. Cable and Satellite are past tense now. Internet streaming is the way to go. Many services to choose from.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #46
Getn off

Ty Jim. I will have a look into that.
Troy

Tags
antenna