Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Scout179

Ram 3500 question

After about 45 minutes of travel, I start getting warnings that I have an issue with my lighting connection, then to check connection with electrical brakes, then that I have an indictor saying I have brake failure. These warnings change back and forth, then show all is well with no rhyme or reason. I have replaced my trailers connecting cable and replaced squeeze connectors with heat shrink soldiered connectors. Chase vehicle says all lights working while showing failure. I'm thinking it is a vehicle problem and not a connector problem. I've searched older posts, but found nothing.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? How was it resolved?

My Ram 3500 is a 2017 with less than 3500 miles.

Little City, Ok

Scout179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
kksfish

I have had similar issues, warnings that trailer connected or no brakes or lights!

Had dealer try to resolve the problem with no luck! Now I do my pull test when I start and ignore the warnings. I realize it’s not the answer you are looking for but I finally gave up.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
Roscoe

Check to see if you have LED lighting on your trailer. I have heard that can cause a light out issue or warning. if you do, you might need an adapter that most all trailer supply shops have them
Edge cs2 Programmer w/ egt
4" Turbo back exhaust
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Dirtherder

I had the same issue. It was a faulty ground connection in the pigtail between the truck and trailer. Check your wire nuts.
Dirtherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
Frank G

I had that warning once and the plug worked loose. Pulled off the interstate, plugged it in securely and worked fine. I thought it was a nice feature as we were in the hills of Tennessee and could of had a negative outcome had we not known. I have not researched the trigger points but would like to know.
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Racebug

its your trailer wiring more than likely.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
scuba0331

Check the connection behind the bumper where the main harness connects to the 7 way plug.
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
Scout179

Thanks to all of you! I'll try everything ( it might take awhile) and post my results.
Little City, Ok

Old 05-10-2018, 04:36 AM   #9
Scout179

Update-fyi--I had the Ram at the Dealer yesterday and discussed this matter with the service manager. I was in to have the recall on the pin in the transmission which affected park done. Manager also told me there was a recall on the marker light covers on the roof lights. He says they checked and there were no incidents listed in the computer, so I would need to bring it back with the trailer attached, so they could check it out.
Little City, Ok

Old 05-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #10
MarcS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout179 View Post
Update-fyi--I had the Ram at the Dealer yesterday and discussed this matter with the service manager. I was in to have the recall on the pin in the transmission which affected park done. Manager also told me there was a recall on the marker light covers on the roof lights. He says they checked and there were no incidents listed in the computer, so I would need to bring it back with the trailer attached, so they could check it out.
There is a trailer simulator they can hook up and drive around with. Just plugs in. About five inches long and will tell you if trailer is connected, and if every terminal is doing what it is supposed to do.