Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #41
tdawg

I thought that was fair and the customer service was good they stayed in communication
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #42
howard

Trc 34750

tdawg after reading your post I went to see what brand I had and the model number. It's the same as yours and approaching 2 years old! Any new news from the TRC folks?
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #43
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Conclusion I just received an email from surge guard they are going to reimburse me 363.$ and sending me a new updated version of the 50 amp surge guard
Did they say why they upgraded the 50 amp unit? Im in the market to buy a 50 amp protector and want to make sure I get a good one. My 30 amp surge guard worked great.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #44
sourdough
Site Team

Just a note on the TRC 50 amp surge guard;

Yesterday my power went out out of the blue. Went next door and the neighbor's was more or less out and his AC was really grumbling along - sounded like a brown out or something. Went out and looked at my surge guard. It had cut us off and was monitoring the incoming voltage, which was reading erratically. In about 10 minutes the neighbor's power came on and his AC seemed to be operating normally. Checked my surge guard and it was doing its countdown before restoring power. At 120sec, after it determined the readings were good and dependable, it restored power. I don't know what caused the power problem but I do know those kinds of problems have cost me a lot of money in the past in my s&b. IMO the TRC did an excellent job on this occasion and has been for the past 15-16 months. I wouldn't leave home without it
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #45
rwmurphy15

I have the same 50a surge guard. Went camping at Elk Neck State Park in Maryland. Set up the rv and my daughter went to use the microwave and the whole camper shut down. I went and checked the surge guard and it was reading Leg 1 106 volts Leg 2 140 volts. Shut off the breaker waited 5 minutes turned it back on worked OK for 10 minutes shut the camper down again.went to the park office they sent 3 rangers down to check it out and agreed something was wrong. They wanted me to check another site that was empty to see what my reading would be before they moved me. Everything checked out good. By now it's 8:30 at night I said I would move in the morning. one hour later a maintenance manager showed up checked the pedestal with his equipment Leg 1. 111 volts leg 2 148 volts. Said in his 30 years working at the park never seen this before said he needed to call in a professional electrician. So in reality my surge guard worked like it should of and saved me from a expensive bill. And one more note the maintence manager left and came back 15 minutes later with a load of firewood For us because of our bad experience.