Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #11
ChuckS

I see absolutely no benefit integration In Command into GM tow vehicles. The vehicles are already loaded with tons of electronics. Much of this has reduce the backyard mechanics ability to repair issues himself. Most RV dealerships can’t even work on basic In Command system let alone new Global Connect.

The more crap piled into the tow vehicle means more dealership only repair if part replacement is needed. Without access to hi cost scan gun with ability to reprogram you can’t Replace many parts yourself because they require programming to be recognized by the vehicle.

Not my cup of tea

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:49 AM   #12
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
My grand daughter and her husband have an "automated house". They spend enormous (did I mention ENORMOUS) amounts of time chasing remote control locations, trying to get Alexa to hear them, adjusting/readjusting light brightness, TV volume, temperature in the spare bedroom, etc.

Last time we were there, it took 20 minutes to turn the back porch light on using "the system". I finally walked to the back door and flipped the switch. The comment, "Grandpa, we don't do it that way"......
There is a story about a guy and his daughter's first house. He went to visit her the first time in the new house and started walking around it turning on all the lights and leaving them on. She said, dad what are you doing? He said I have been waiting years to do this!!!!!

Old 07-26-2019, 07:03 AM   #13
chuckster57
Site Team

I have been wrenching on autos "on the side" for over 45 years now and I actually welcomed some technology. For example OBD helped cut down diagnostic times and mis diagnosed issues. Now that its C.A.N. It takes more and more sophisticated equipment to "talk" to the patient. RVs are getting the same way, I don't do much diagnosis on the new electronic systems other than maybe a flow chart to fill out for the manufacturer, we are mainly parts changers in that respect.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #14
boagey

In Command

I like the Idea of the TPMS , I have looked at aftermarket systems and not pulled the trigger.

Our world is changing so fast, I used to keep up, donít really care now.
boagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
LewisB

I don't recall ANY other issue discussed in this forum where there was such universal agreement (ha-ha)...put me down for won't work (travel lock) and isn't needed (check your black tank level from the truck? Really?). Just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD do something.

2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, tow vehicle