Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
Lpmt

1st trip in the books!

We were finally able to go to a campground with the new trailer.....some big learning curves, but most of concerns put to rest about how things function. 1st off campground was close to our home, so I did some recon prior to going to see where site was, where I was going to park, etc....nicely see that there is a water tap at the site, yay, Ontario parks don't have water hook-ups, this is new! Since I was going to be setting up myself as the DW wouldn't be arriving till later that night I wanted as much info as possible. So Scout and I arrive, she patiently awaits in the truck while I pull in, level up and get ready to go, we are pretty proud of ourselves...until I am standing at the tap with my fancy water pressure/filter hook-up dealy...only to realize that the tap isn't threaded and I don't have the fancy connector. So back in the truck Scout goes, button up the trailer, because now I have to go fill the water tank!
All filled up, we get a do over on setting up the trailer, practice makes perfect, right! Scout happily follows me around while I get it set-up...again. She felt that perhaps some supervision was in order this time.
DW shows up, questions Scout and I on some items we forgot to bring...but we set up alone, twice!
Tear down was seamless, first time dumping tanks caused a giggle as we both stood there watching the yuckies drain.
Still at rookie level, but learning everyday we are in it. So much fun to be had!
All in all an amazing weekend, will be better when the blackflies are gone.
Lpmt is offline   Reply With Quote