Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #11
{tpc}

I'd probably "try" the silverado, just so I know how it works, but if everything is setup for the Tahoe, you will likely need to be able to make adjustments to the hitch.

That said, you will benefit from a second friction sway bar on the other side, when pulling with the Tahoe, for that matter probably with the silverado as well.

Even with the longer wheelbase, I don't feel that is going to save you from being pushed around by the bigger trucks. Maybe with the second friction bar, but not just the wheelbase alone. Just a feeling though, as I have nothing to compare it to at this point in time.

For me, with my tahoe, pulling almost the same unit, the second friction bar was a big improvement. Enough for my wife to even comment on. I also have found that if safe, moving over a little in the lane away from the semi's that are passing (or that I am passing), is very helpful to negate some of the "pushing" effect.

{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #12
PopBeavers

My first RV was a 20 foot TT weighing 4100 pounds wet and loaded. I started out towing it with a Silverado 1500HD crew cab short bed. Later on I upgraded to a GMC 2500HD crew cab long bed.

The extra length made a big difference in "porpoising". The improvement in towing was much more than I had expected.

I am a fan of long wheel bases in the truck.

Transfer Flow aux. fuel tank in tool box
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #13
Hodgy

I never thought of using a second friction sway bar. Good thinking out of the box.

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silverado