Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
jghigh

Dinette Table Super Wobbly

I have a 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS and the dinette table in it is one of those collapsable ones that isn't screwed to the floor. The actual table wobbles so bad we can't even eat on it for fear of drinks being spilled everywhere. Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?
jghigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghigh View Post
I have a 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS and the dinette table in it is one of those collapsable ones that isn't screwed to the floor. The actual table wobbles so bad we can't even eat on it for fear of drinks being spilled everywhere. Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?
Post a picture and you will get more responses. Where does it wobble?
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
jghigh

Here is a pic of the table. The entire top wobbles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B1B39BB0-3D81-47D7-BA09-5C7B01829709.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	15149  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
Alpine

If you never take it outside or use the dinette as a bed... why couldn't you put four screws into the outmost four legs and into the floor? Mine is attached that way and is solid. If you try it don't have your screw too long! Mind you our table is in a slide-out as well.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 AM   #5
dutch101

we had the same problem , had it replaced with two round tubes that you take apart when traveling ,most older models have those .
dutch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:33 AM   #6
jghigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
If you never take it outside or use the dinette as a bed... why couldn't you put four screws into the outmost four legs and into the floor? Mine is attached that way and is solid. If you try it don't have your screw too long! Mind you our table is in a slide-out as well.
It's not that the bottom is not sturdy, I'm fine with that. It's like at the joint where it collapses and up just moves a ton. You can't really sit and eat with drinks or expect them to be thrown in the floor. Seems like a really bad design by Keystone.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:33 AM   #7
jghigh

And they worked. Not sure what they were thinking with this style table.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #8
Bisjoe

I have that one too. The feet are adjustable, mine wobbled because they needed adjusting, but I also placed a small rug under it and now no more wobble. If yours is the top wobbling on the stand, perhaps loose screws under the top? If it's the moveable part, it could just be defective and need replacing.What I find annoying is the way that it collapses to form the bed, but it's mostly just my wife and I so not usually a problem. If no longer on warranty, you might look for a replacement that has the two posts and mounts to the floor, then fabricate two shorter pipes for holding the bed when needed.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette