Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Bengalsfans

Keystone Campers

Sitting here looking out my window at home watching all this snow falling on top of the 12" we already had. Just waiting to hook up our new Passport and hitting the road. However, from all the comments, I wonder if I made the right move in buying a Keystone camper. We bought it new in 09 have'nt used it much. Can anybody give a positive outlook about this "09 Passport" Thanks,
Bengalsfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
placergoldman

If it will help any,I have a 2008 245rb Passport and have not had one major problem with it.Afew loose mouldings,tightened some pipe fittings is about the only things I've had to do..I've camped in the snow and in the heat of summer and have enjoyed my Passport to no end...I hope you will be able to do the same!!
Tim
placergoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

I've never had a Passport but if I were looking for a new trailer, I would look at Keystone first. That won't be for a while because we love our Cougar and can't wait to hitch up 3/26 and head south for a month. Hoping it warms up by then. Enjoy your Passport, Hank ......... Just looked out the window and it's starting to snow again!!!!!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Flyguy

We have an 08 280BH Passport and its been a good trailer so far, bought it new and have had it for two years, there's always going to be some issues over time with any trailer, the more you learn about all the systems that you have the easier it will be to maintain, and maintenance is the key. Since I own a Passport my homepage has most all of the manuals and data that apply to a Passport (and most others too), feel free to visit my homepage and download whatever info is helpful to you (click on "Flyguy" and follow the menu options).
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Pedmom

Bengalsfan, I am awaiting the manufacture of my first Keystone and have not been happy to read all the negative comments on here. However, I know that the unhappy people post on forums a LOT more than the satisfied customers. (human nature) I have heard from people in real life that have Keystones that they are very happy with their campers. hopefully we both will be, too!

PS-about 2 feet of snow out my window tonight, in Wisc. Can't wait for my campground to open (Im' a seasonal site camper) in April!
Pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
bennydog

Why not just love it until it gives you a reason not to. There's enough to worry about in this world without worrying about what someone else says. I'm on my third trailer from my 3rd manufacture and none have been without blemishes. I think I like the Keystone we have now best. Good camping! (even if it's in the snow in your back yard)

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Atfulldraw

I love my 2005 Cougar -- I'm the second owner and I basically live in it half the year.

Right now, I'm in Mobile, Alabama working (twenty minutes from the cleanest stretch of beach you've ever seen!)

I haven't had any problems to speak of with mine. Just minor little things that happen... Today I fixed the toilet valve that got freeze damage due to an unexpected cold snap last winter ($38) and added some new gutter spouts ($7).

Mostly, I sit around and count the money I save by work-camping
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote