Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
OldKingKibitzer

Leaking Leveling Leg?

I have a 2013 Fuzion 310- The rear left leg appears to be wet around the piston and the pad looks like it was wet. I don't see anything pooled on the pad just evidence it was wet. Is it likely that the seal is bad?

The front legs are also popping and lowering slowly- Is that due to this leak or is it possible I'm low on fluid or have another issue going on here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8622.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	23361  
Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
ChuckS

Leaking Leveling Leg?

Front and mid/rear leveling cylinders have separate pressure and return lines as well as solenoid valve.

The two front LG operate as Lead/Follower. Left and right side mid/rear also operate separately as lead/follower. So an issue on Frt LG legs creeping up and small deep on rear leveler are two separate issues

From what I see on that rear pad I’d simply wipe off the dirt and fluid mix. I’d apply a light coating of ATF or motorcycle fork oil with rag and wipe all six leveler pistons down

I’d then retract all levelers and check his fluid level. If not full then refill with either AW32 hyd oil or ATF depending on what’s in the reservoir. Do Not Mix

AW32 has a light honey brown color while ATF is red.

Then I’d run levelers completely up and down 3 full cycles to purge any air in system.

The small amount of fluid residue ... in my. Opinion on that rear leveler pad simply warrants watching. I’ve got one that’s been like that for 4 years now.

Also should you need a new one down the road find a hydraulic shop and remove it and let them rebuild for about $135. Much less expensive then a new one

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
travelin texans

As recommended by the factory techs, wipe off & spray with a silicon lube all the jacks before retracting each time. If extended for long periods wipe, spray & operate occasionally to keep seals lubricated.
Also recommended removing 1 quart of the original fluid & replace with 15w motorcycle fork oil, an anti stiction oil, then operate the jacks & slides a few times to mix oils, this to stop the popping/creaking of the jacks while extended.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
ChuckS

I would not recommend silicone lube on the cylinders. The outer dirt runner seal will react over time to it. Motorcycle fork oil or ATF is much better choice

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I would not recommend silicone lube on the cylinders. The outer dirt runner seal will react over time to it. Motorcycle fork oil or ATF is much better choice
Factory techs recommended the silicone lube & I used it regularly on all 6 jacks for more than 6 years full-time with no I'll effects.
It's up to each to use or not, but I trusted the factory tech & had good luck!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leveling