Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
snshatz

Montana 380th

If you own the newest style toy hauler like the 380 or 381 the and if so, any problems or regrets?
snshatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

A couple of clarificatons: First, the 380TH and 381TH are not in the Montana line. They are Montana High Country models. There is a significant difference. Given that, the trailer weighs over 13000 pounds empty and has a GVW of 17000 pound. It sits on Load Range F tires. That may be adequate and then again, it may really need Load Range G tires under it. The 381TH has a residential refrigerator with an ice maker. That ice maker water line is under the slide, subject to freezing in colder weather and may cause problems with winter camping and ice maker use.

To my knowledge, Montana does not build a toy hauler and these HC models are a "step in the pool and get wet feet" experiment for the "light weight premium/luxury" lines......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
n1282x

I have a 2019 381TH, with the Samsung refrigerator. I like the unit and the DW loves it. We like the kitchen area and the front living room. The bedroom is acceptable but tight. We bought it for the cargo area in the rear. We paid $53k in Elkhart.
n1282x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
Richeyb

We bought a Montana High Country 380 TH this year. Our trailer weight listed at 1300 but weighed in at 14050 with a max of 17,000.
Love the overall room size with front living area, large screen tv and fire place, kitchen area large with double wide refrigerator dual electric or propane which makes it good for boodocking. Good storage, but most of it requires a step stool to access.
Large bath with oversized shower..plumbed for washer dryer.
Agree bedroom tight with queen bed, but good closet space with slide out.
Bed raises up to give headroom in toy storage area in back, which is hidden under the bed.
Toy hauler area is closer to being large storage hole. Door opening not wide enough for most Toys. Entryway has a metal boarder which sliced my head open first time I loaded it up, without raising the bed. I immediately split a foam insulation tubing and glue on some padding.
We have been able to go out on one trip and it pulled well and doesn’t seem much longer than my old 33ft pull trailer... but it does take up a full RV spot.
Need to watch for overhang and tree limbs... height in specs doesn’t include AC and antennas.... mine measured 13’6”
Richeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
notanlines

Actually, Richie, the factory spec sheet does include the antenna and the AC's in the height. Any spec sheet not showing those wouldn't be of any use. Both I read showed 13' 4''.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana