Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
MtnPa&Ma

2009 Everest 340i (problems)

Just purchased a used 2009 Keystone Everest 340i fifth wheel. Experiencing a few unexpected/unknown problems, as we've taken possession of same. One major problem is the leaking of the kitchen 4-pc faucet. It is oil-bronze or chocolate in color and has high arch spout (1), one-unit control (2), sprayer (3) and 2nd smaller spout. It has been leaking for some time, from what we can see in the water damage to the front panels on the peninsula; seller never mentioned. There are manuals missing, so we cannot find any model number(s), or parts list, etc. even after searching Keystone site for cartridge info, etc. We found something similar on Trekwood RV parts but would like to order 'parts' first, not the whole $300+ set up. Other than taking it apart and trying to match at a hardware store... any suggestions for specific faucet parts?? Thanks in advance. Longtime Happy Campers
MtnPa&Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPa&Ma View Post
Just purchased a used 2009 Keystone Everest 340i fifth wheel. Experiencing a few unexpected/unknown problems, as we've taken possession of same. One major problem is the leaking of the kitchen 4-pc faucet. It is oil-bronze or chocolate in color and has high arch spout (1), one-unit control (2), sprayer (3) and 2nd smaller spout. It has been leaking for some time, from what we can see in the water damage to the front panels on the peninsula; seller never mentioned. There are manuals missing, so we cannot find any model number(s), or parts list, etc. even after searching Keystone site for cartridge info, etc. We found something similar on Trekwood RV parts but would like to order 'parts' first, not the whole $300+ set up. Other than taking it apart and trying to match at a hardware store... any suggestions for specific faucet parts?? Thanks in advance. Longtime Happy Campers
I've changed kitchen faucets on a couple different 5ers with residential faucets off the clearance shelf at Lowe's/Home Depot. I had to also buy the necessary fittings to connect to rv plumbing but it wasn't a big problem & didn't come anywhere near $300.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It's probably a DURA faucet or a PHOENIX faucet. Both are "low bidders" in the RV world and build a "pretty good product" but it's not a big seller in the S&B world, so you'll probably not see any repair parts in most hardware/building supply stores.

You can look up DURA faucets here: http://www.durafaucet.com/
And PHOENIX faucets here: http://phoenixfaucets.com/

Parts are readily available online, but you'll need to determine what you have before you can order what you need.

For most of us, it's cheaper and easier to replace the faucet with a S&B model rather than try to find parts that aren't usually returnable.

Typically, RV faucets are either plastic or a base metal, so they aren't known for their ability to survive freeze damage which usually cracks the body as well as damages the interior components.

You might get lucky ordering parts, then again, if there's something your DW likes on the Lowe's or HD clearance shelf.........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
notanlines

What they^^^^said. $75 will buy a nice replacement at any Home Depot.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Travelnguy

Stay in touch

We just purchased a 2009 Everest 340I last month also. We have some problems also. Ours are from factory building issues. They didn't finish the job. We are in touch now. Will see how it turns out.
Where are you located?? We are in Pennsylvania heading west to Oregon in May.
Travelnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
kfxgreenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnguy View Post
We just purchased a 2009 Everest 340I last month also. We have some problems also. Ours are from factory building issues. They didn't finish the job. We are in touch now. Will see how it turns out.
Your not going to get very far on a 9 year old RV. Save your time and start finding a way to make the repairs.
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnguy View Post
If you purchased a 2009 Ford F350 without a hood last month and called Ford to tell them to send you the hood they forgot to install...... I'd put all my money on the wager that Ford would not be sending you a hood that they "forgot to install".... Their answer would likely be, "The vehicle is out of warranty, you are not the person with whom we had the warranty and if you're missing components, you might want to take that up with whomever sold you the vehicle." My guess is that's what you're going to get back from Keystone.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #8
Travelnguy

Your probably right. We all know what is right and what is wrong. Society now seems to run on what is profitable, not what is the right thing to do.
Travelnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #9
travelin texans

There's folks out that theirs is 9 weeks old & having problems getting things resolved! Your hoping for help with 1 that's at least 9 years old??
If you get anything besides a loud click on the other end of the line you'd better go buy a lottery ticket cause you'd be the luckiest fellow I've ever heard of that bought a used rv.
If you bought it from a dealer you MIGHT, I said MIGHT, get a small amount of help from them, but to call Keystone????
You've heard the saying about a bodily function into the wind??
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote