Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Freeheel4life

Keystone production

So I am aware that Keystone builds a TON of units out of Elkhart, IN. I also know they build a LOT out of their Pendelton, OR location. When we purchased our Springdale I wanted to make sure it was from Pendelton, and verified that it was(or so Ive been told). Mostly felt like a trailer that isnt aluminum frame would be sourced from better materials due to location of mills/logistics of hauling lumber vs a wood frame from IN. Also am always a fan of "local business" and wanted a TT that was built closer to me than IN.
I dont shop new rigs, but I am a rubber necker every time I drive by and I dont see any Springdales waiting to be shipped when I cruise through Pendelton anymore.
Does anyone know which lines are built in OR vs IN??
Of these lines built in Pendleton which are wood frame vs aluminium??
We are a long ways out from the next trailer purchase. I do want to keep my eyes open. Mind is open as well, but I will admit a bias. I would prefer to buy our next rig from the Pendleton plant as well. It WILL be a used rig so I am curious whats rolling out of there now?? Its hard to tell at freeway speeds but looks like Coleman's, but also some 5ers. Maybe Montanas or Cougars. Cant tell what the other lines are.
Any insight is much appreciated. Also curious on anyone's opinion on OR vs IN builds, good and/or bad.

Also just curious for a history lesson. How is it that Forest River, Jayco, Keystone, etc all end up in IN??? And thsy arw buildinf pontoons in the same areas under different names. Feel like im missing something.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:02 AM   #2
CrazyCain

Good History lesson on your question
Enjoy

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...l-of-the-world

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:17 AM   #3
notanlines

From Cain's website: " That means that if you see an RV rolling down the road anywhere in the world, chances are that it was built with the craftsmanship and dedication of Hoosiers"
I believe I'll have some Jujubes with my popcorn.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
From Cain's website: " That means that if you see an RV rolling down the road anywhere in the world, chances are that it was built with the craftsmanship and dedication of Hoosiers"
I believe I'll have some Jujubes with my popcorn.
Yummmm, JuJubes!!!!

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
Freeheel4life

Thanks for the read. Ive been a member of the forum for a very short time. In that period I've seen some great pictures of the final product from the "dedicated craftsmanship" rolling off the line. Thats what worries me about our next purchase. I keep thinking that if we keep picking the right used rigs they will at least have a lot of the bugs worked out that, unfortunately, new owners have to deal with occasionally.

Tags
keystone