Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Kurt

Hello from Indiana!

Hi everyone,

My name is Kurt and my family lives in southwestern Indiana. We purchased a new 2011 Premier 31BHPR last May and we camped last year a total of 7 different campgrounds. Most were within an hour and a half drive.

We just finished making a camping schedule for 2011 and we have 11 trips planned so far for this coming season, so we cannot wait for spring to start so we can get it out of storage and get ready to go!

We are towing the trailer with a Toyota Tundra double-cab 4x4 with the 5.7L V8 engine and it tows this trailer real nice. No problem with the handling so far and the power is not an issue even though it is a 1/2 ton pickup. I am using the Prodigy P3 brake controller as well as the Reese dual-cam hitch with sway control.

2011 Keystone Premier 31BHPR
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 5.7L V8
Reese Strait-Line WD hitch w/ Dual-Cam sway control
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Control
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
campingcpl

Hi and welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier! Hope you have plenty of fun times and safe travels! We too have trips planed already for the spring and summer and look forward to spring, but first have to get rid of all this snow. Our trailer has snow up to the doors all the way around it. Will probably have to dig it out just to go camping over Memorial Day weekend. We have had over 91 1/2" of snow already this winter and calling for another storm coming in next week. Grrrr... I'm tired of this snow!!!!

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Kurt

Speaking of the weather, we dodged the bullet regarding the huge storm that went across the country. We were just south of all the ice and snow. All we had was around 2 inches of rain before the front went by, and then we had a little snow the following day, but it has all melted since then!

2011 Keystone Premier 31BHPR
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 5.7L V8
Reese Strait-Line WD hitch w/ Dual-Cam sway control
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Control
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
cdevill

Kurt,
Welcome, I'm from the Jasper ara as well. I live out at the Breztville Junction. Last Sept we bought an 2011 296BHSSR, only got to take it once but we love it. Might run into at one of the many local campgrounds and have to compare rigs. I'm pulling with an 03 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4 with the 4.7 and it pulls great. last TT was 6350lb and never used any weight dist or anti sway but have it on this one and it pulls better even being 500lbs heavier.
cdevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Speaking of the weather, we dodged the bullet regarding the huge storm that went across the country. We were just south of all the ice and snow. All we had was around 2 inches of rain before the front went by, and then we had a little snow the following day, but it has all melted since then!
Must be nice! This last storm dropped around 13" on us and we had drifts in the 3' - 4' range at the house and this is ontop of the 2' of snow we already had on the ground. If we get another foot of snow it will cover the top of our mailbox.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote