Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
wcw822

control panel and thermostat

2 nights ago we were in a storm. We lost power for around 11 hours until the Coop came and replaced whatever had been fried on the pole near our RV (not pole we are plugged in to.. but on same line) While power was out we were just using the lights on battery power and they all worked correctly. Since power has been restored these are the problems we have been having

Our main AC has not been working (we checked the breakers and fuses and all of them are good)

The outdoor LED lights will not turn off no matter what position the switch is in. however, the overhead lights are turning off with their switch that is on the same control board.

I pushed the buttons to check all of our waste water tanks and it's showing they are all full.. but, I know they aren't as they had just been pumped.

I turned the thermostat to heat and waited a few minutes.. the heat never came on.

I have not tried the awning or the slides.. not wanting to risk something happening with them. We just purchased the brand new RV not even 2 months ago to live in while we build a house. I'm wondering if there is another fuse box or something that we've overlooked that could be controlling the thermostat and control board?? I'm wanting to try everything possible before taking it in to be looked at since it's our home
wcw822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
MarkEHansen

First, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place - there are many knowledgeable and helpful folks here...

Just a heads-up - the news may not be good. It sure sounds like your trailer electronics have fallen victim to shore power problems.

Do you have an EMS between your shore power connection and your trailer already? Here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I.../dp/B002UC6RSA

Power problems can really play havoc with electrical systems and trailers are very susceptible to these. I hope your problem is not so severe, but it sure smells like it
Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
wcw822

We do not.. but we will be getting one after this!!! I am also afraid the news might not be good.. I'm hoping that we find a magic solution to keep us from having to pack it up and take it in! Thank you!
wcw822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
Ksupaul

Sound eerily similar to lightening storm we went through once without EMS protector. Power converter and some other electrical parts replaced and $800 later., I learned several lessons. The first one being insure my TT with an EMS! Hope your are better off. Good luck!
Ksupaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel