Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
GBR

Can this actually be true?

In February this year we were at the Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort when, as I walked up to out unit I saw water pouring out of the belly of the RV. After looking at the limited options available for repair I proceeded to do a DYI. After removing the under belly, then the valve connection to the tank, to my surprise, there was the drilled out portion of the tank blocking the open valve to the drain. Brought the unit into my dealer here in Ottawa and today I was told that Keystone actually leaves the drilled out pieces in the tank in the course of manufacture. Really? I recall years ago a similar problem happened to a gentleman with his black tank but never thought is was intentional. Just wanted to see if others have had this experience and make you aware of what can happen to anyone of you. I have emailed a Keystone and asked them directly if the actually do this.
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
CaptnJohn

Anyone think Keystone or employees want to spend 17 seconds per tank to do the job correctly? Who would expect an employee to reach into a new tank instead of a customer reaching into a used tank?

Seriously, many have found problems due to the cut piece remaining in the tank. Not an every day occurrence but happens. Should never happen

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
GBR

Agree. This was a quite an ordeal to repair because of the lack of quality control and focus on the customer. So much for being a so called “high end” unit.
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
limit4

Plywood and vinyl in the black water tank was my surprise. I was very lucky after a 4hour drive to another park with half full tank it opened up and drained. When I got home I put water in tank and drained into a 5 gal. Bucket and a chunk of plywood and some vinyl came out. We have not had any more problems. 2013 Cougar xlite.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Trust me. It isn’t limited to Keystone.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

On my 7th? RV. So, guess what I did after I got it home. filled every tank with clean water in driveway and drained them. No wood or vinyl just plastic and water came out. Also vac'ed out all the left over stuff under the drawers, cabinets, under bed and in vents.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #7
mcomeaux

Loose Ends

Seems it runs in the industry I have a friend that found a cut-out in ducting in ceiling that restricted air flow that was left in the process. Another friend flew to Texas to take delivery on a MH and was assured all systems were go. First night after long travel decided to take shower and you guessed it no drainage from shower and backed up. Found piece left in drain that had to be removed. I just purchased a Fuzion 345 and so far everything except the wireless Jensen is working as advertised knock on wood. I probably should not have said this in early part of game....
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote