Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #21
KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Our Splendide all in one washer dryer fits pretty good in our alpine. Main problem though was installing it. Those suckers are heavy. Took me and another good size person to just get it up the stairs. Plus had to disassemble stuff just to get it to the bedroom. Works great but what a pain.
They are heavy. I asked my neighbor at the trailer park at work if he would help me with mine, nice young guy, he said sure.

I took down the bedroom door and the closet door where the washer went.

I said how you want to do this?

He said Can you take the door off the washer/dryer? 7100xc. I said sure and took it off.

He says ok old man, stand back, picked it up and carried it all the way to the front bedroom by himself.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #22
purebred

No problems here

I don't know where the misconception of the moisture keeps popping up on this forum about ventless washers. We've had ours over a year and I have temperature and humidity indicators in both ends of the rv. No problems here. There is more humidity from the stove top, showers, microwave then the washer. Like Trump says fake news.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:47 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
Unvented does not introduce moisture into the rv.

This is a way too often spread myth.

Don't know, never had one. I do know the salesman that told me that, had one that was vented and warned me of the unvented unit.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

The Splendide "unvented combo machine" uses a "condenser" to collect the steam from the dryer exhaust. It uses fresh water (about 6 gallons per hour of drying time) to cool the condenser which "causes it collect the humidity from the steam." That humidity is flushed down the plumbing along with the soapy waste water from washing clothes and into the gray/black tank to which the combo machine is connected. There is no "open dryer exhaust" to spew the air from drying clothes into the RV. Essentially, it's a closed system, air enters the washer/dryer from the RV room, is heated, collects moisture from the clothes, that air goes into the condenser where it's "dried" and flushed down the drain. The machine doesn't vent "wet air" into the RV interior

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:41 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Don't know, never had one. I do know the salesman that told me that, had one that was vented and warned me of the unvented unit.

I made the remark about a ventless washer/dryer combo inserting moisture into the air based on a comment made to me by a salesman that seemed to know what he was talking about....so I repeated it. Upon the rebuttals here I decided to do a little research. I have found mentions of various issues with these units but nothing about elevated moisture levels due to them. In that light it seems I was repeating incorrect information from a "salesman" which one should know better. I took it at face value because it was just offered information from a guy that I thought was familiar with them - not a conversation trying to convince us to buy one thing or another. With that in mind it might be a good option for the OP....
Old 08-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #26
travelin texans

Quote:
I made the remark about a ventless washer/dryer combo inserting moisture into the air based on a comment made to me by a salesman that seemed to know what he was talking about....so I repeated it. Upon the rebuttals here I decided to do a little research. I have found mentions of various issues with these units but nothing about elevated moisture levels due to them. In that light it seems I was repeating incorrect information from a "salesman" which one should know better. I took it at face value because it was just offered information from a guy that I thought was familiar with them - not a conversation trying to convince us to buy one thing or another. With that in mind it might be a good option for the OP....
Same here! Was told by individuals that presumably knew what they were talking, silly me.
Although if dumping 6 gallons of water per hour of drying time hopefully it drains into a dedicated tank. Our vented combo was at minimum 2 hours drying time so at 12 gallons per lower you'd best be connected to a sewer connection on laundry day.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #27
rbrdriver

I'm just glad we have the separate washer and dryer, so that you can be drying while the next load is washing. Seems more productive that way.
rbrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:23 AM   #28
wiredgeorge

Quote:

We should compile a book titled "The Salesman Said" with all the knowledgeable camping and towing lore that sales staff has provided to forum members. It would extremely interesting to find out the percentage of RV sales staff that actually own and use an RV. I am guessing few do. I guess sitting inside an RV dealership all day allows cosmic RV wisdom to soak in somehow?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #29
Jim2366

The RV manufacter floor plan showed the space was for a stackable washer and dryer it was not the dealer. Check it out.

https://www.keystonerv.com/fifth-whe...w-fifth-wheel/
Old 08-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
The RV manufacter floor plan showed the space was for a stackable washer and dryer it was not the dealer. Check it out.

Check back to post #16 in this thread.... Yours is NOT the first time the issue of a stacking washer/dryer pair has been "advertised in the brochures" but will not fit in the available space.... There is a documented series of "fixes" approved and provided by Keystone for other customers. If your dealership didn't push for resolution, then Keystone likely doesn't have all the facts. The factory has paid for cabinet modifications to fit a stacking pair for other customers. It all starts and, for the most part, ends with your dealership and how they provide information to the factory.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #31
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
We should compile a book titled "The Salesman Said" with all the knowledgeable camping and towing lore that sales staff has provided to forum members. It would extremely interesting to find out the percentage of RV sales staff that actually own and use an RV. I am guessing few do. I guess sitting inside an RV dealership all day allows cosmic RV wisdom to soak in somehow?

The guy that told me about the w/d actually lived on the dealership lot (pointed it out in the back), in an RV, and had the combo unit. Seemed pretty credible but as the saying goes......
Old 08-23-2020, 09:44 PM   #32
Big1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
They are heavy. I asked my neighbor at the trailer park at work if he would help me with mine, nice young guy, he said sure.

I took down the bedroom door and the closet door where the washer went.

I said how you want to do this?

He said Can you take the door off the washer/dryer? 7100xc. I said sure and took it off.

He says ok old man, stand back, picked it up and carried it all the way to the front bedroom by himself.

I install mines by myself and I'm 66 yrs young it was no problem I just had to be smart about it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:25 AM   #33
Jim2366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post

Thanks John! I will check with another dealer and hopefully get a modification.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:50 AM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Jim, the only Cougars I looked at had the w/d in the nose because that's where we wanted our closet. That floorplan sure looks like the stackable could/should work. Like John said, I bet there is a mod of some kind Keystone can make to fix it. Here's a little clip on the unit. Don't know if the door is exactly like yours but placement is the same. Listen to them at about the 3 minute mark explaining that it IS for a stackable w/d;

Tags
washer