Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Steveracer

new to forum from pa

2010 RAPTOR Velocity RP361LEV Toy Hauler
2005 Ford F-350 Superduty 6.0L Turbo Deisel Western Hauler with Firestone airbags, EGR Delete, coolant filter, 4" exhaust from turbo back, aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a B&W Champion Fifth Wheel Hitch
We just bought the camper used last year, dealer did not provide any manuals, fireplace still does not work properly (gives flame but no heat), decals on exterior are all cracked bad, we are disappointed about this. Inside of camper looks like new. This is our second Keystone Unit, we had good luck with our first one which was a 2002 Springdale 277RK fifth wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-27-13 (2).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	7029
Old 09-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your Raptor Enjoy

Do not think Raptors had fireplaces installed in 2010, unit may have been installed by previous owner. I assume electric, I would check wiring and protection devices.

Happy Camping and Be Safe
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Steveracer

Thank you
yes fireplace is electric, and factory installed on the 361lev velocity models 2010. fireplace will turn on and starts to heat up but then stops blowing hot air there must be a limit switch that is turning off heat element.The light bulb for the flame works fine and looks nice and will stay on for hours (used as a night light for kids) ! I had thermostat knob turned to high setting on unit, and after heat element turns off, i can switch unit off and turn back on in a couple of seconds and it will do the same thing over again, will only blow heat for about a minute if lucky. I will have to pull unit out and check wiring and safety switch.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Steveracer,

I think your fireplace has a two position heat switch. You say that when you turn it to high, it runs a few minutes then shuts off. If you turn the heat switch to low, does it also turn off after a few minutes?

My guess is that your high temp limit switch is causing the heater to shut off when it "overheats". It could be a bad temp limit switch, a problem with air flow or a blocked air intake on the fireplace. If you're still under warranty, I'd get it looked at if you can't find the problem easily.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
bsmith0404

Sounds like a nice set up. Decals are probably one of the biggest complaints that people have as far a stage appearance items go. Montanas seem to have the most complaints for fading, others have cracking, and then there I ab the edge peeling. My last Jayco had problems with bubbles, they just appeared one day. Had about 20 half dollar sized bubbles all around it. Then a few more appeared, it was strange. My new Alpine has the full body paint so I don't have to worry about the decals anymore, just scratches and nicks. It's never ending and almost a losing battle trying to keep an rv looking good.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #6
Steveracer

John
I will try turning heat setting down and see
What happens. I also was thinking maybe airflow could
Be a problem like dust or dirt in element. Thank you
Old 09-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #7
Steveracer

Brent

Thank you! My wife and I are thinking of just removing
Decals, or looking for replacment decals. We did send pic of unit to
Keystone, but could not help us as we are 2nd owners, and factory
warranty expired.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #8
crash

to the forum from the Mid Atlantic
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-350, ford, raptor, toy hauler