Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
alsaun1235

New and struggling

Hi, we just bought a 2000 challenger 5th wheel. It has some issues but for the price we paid, we are willing to bear the cost. There was no manual or instructions with the trailer so I have been accumulating information from the internet. We are stationary for the winter and residing in our coach until spring. we do not have our own tow vehicle yet but will be purchasing that after the first of the year.

I have been reviewing the posts and internet for answers to some of our questions and it appears that since they are basic information that would have been received at a walk-through dont appear anywhere. It also might be that the issues are specific to this trailer. If someone could direct me to someplace, I would be grateful.

alsaun1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the Keystone forum. If you are looking for assistance in helping solve specific issues or problems you are having with your Challenger, all you need to do is formulate you question(s), find the most suitable forum/category in which to post them and submit your question(s). We would request that, if you have different questions dealing with different topics, please try to place them in the appropriate section rather than listing a series of questions on various topics. It makes it a lot easier for us to answer them.

If you could be a bit more specific about your concerns, it would help our members to assist you. If you are looking for "someplace" to seek help and you have a Keystone product, then I think you have found the right place.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
alsaun1235

Thank you. I have some basic "what is this for" questions regarding the water hook ups, holding tanks and dumping. I will place them in a different forum.
alsaun1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

HI TO the forum ask all the questions you want. as far as an owners manual. if you had one it is so generic you would use it to light your camfire again welcome look forwad to the questions enjoy
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
CUFFS054

Alsaun,
been there done that. I got nothing with my TT. I did go on-line and have been able to download manuals for everything from refer to antenna. It takes some time but the difference in the real manuals and the generic Keystone one really makes a difference. Be sure to manuals for your axles, slides and jacks, they're good to have.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
KanTC

Hi alsaun, and welcome to the forum.

In 2000 the "Challenger" was manufactured by a company called Damon RV. In 2003, Thor Industries
(Keystone's parent company) also acquired Damon RV and the "Challenger" soon became part of Keystone's
line-up. The current Avalanche line replaced the Challenger in 2010.

All that said - in addition to asking questions on the forum, if you'll do a Google search for "2000 Damon Challenger",
there's a few ads, some info & YouTube videos available which might also be helpful.

No, I'm not a Keystone historian ... our previous 5th wheel was a 2008 Challenger & we had
researched the line/brand prior to buying our first Keystone.

Hope this helps,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
russ squires

dumping holding tanks

We just purchased a 2008 Fusion toyhauler and can find only one valve for dumping our tanks. We think the one we have is for gray water as it is a small line. Can anyone guide us as to where to dump the black water?
russ squires is offline   Reply With Quote