Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
dannx

Sewer line help dbs281

Looking for a little help on my sewer hose set up. I have a hideout 281dbs, so it has 2 black tanks to dump. Was wondering what set up anyone else has because my idea didn’t work and my hoses seemed to long.

Anyone suggest a good length for the front bathroom to the back.

I currently had a 20 ft hose from the front and a 10 ft hose from the back dump valve that entered into a “Y” fitting then to the ground. This caused the other line to back fill with waste. Eventually I just dumped one at a time and eliminated the y. Is there a perfect size that goes from the front to the back and just dump as needed. Also the hose I have is the therefore titan, and it doesn’t fit in the bumper creating more storage... any ideas would be helpful, thanks you again for all the ideas
dannx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
5J's

I've got a Hideout 308BHDS and the same problem. I'm working on a solution using the "Y". I plan to suspend some 4" gutter from the bottom of my slide to support the forward hose to the Y. Hose from the aft drain to the Y and from the Y to the sewer will sit atop a typical drain support system. As for the need for additional hose storage, I mounted a 5" PVC fence post under the trailer just forward the tires. This post holds the 4" gutter perfectly and the additional hoses lay in the gutter. Good luck!

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
travelin texans

Cut your sewer to whatever lengths you need to meet your needs. Well let me back up, the Rhino hoses I don't know if you can do that I don't use them, but most others that's possible.
I have the plastic gutter as a hose support as well, works great. I cut 1 full section into equal lengths, if I recall about 3'6", that now will stack together & slide out individually to whatever length needed & much easier to store than the 10' section.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:49 AM   #4
5J's

Yep, exactly what I did. Cut the gutter and trim one half to slide inside the other.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote