Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
berg

2014 Outback Terrain 332TRS - Hello All

Just brought home a 2014 Outback Terrain 332TRS and thought I'd stop in and say hello. Not our first RV but our first NEW Rv and first Keystone! Absolutely love the floorplan. We've only been searching for the "right" one for a few years now.

Needless to say we are very excited about it. Maiden voyage is this weekend. Had a 2.5hr tow home from the dealer and I could definitely feel it back there but it rode nice and straight.

So far we have found very few or minor little things for the dealer to fix and my wife has been having (way too much) fun shopping for all the accessories that we need to make it trip ready.

Few pics-

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks prior to purchase and haven't seen too many of this model out there yet? In fact I could only find 2 available on western half of the U.S.!
berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Cougarfamily

Congrats and ! Great looking outfit you have there! You are sure to have many years of camping and making lasting family memories with your Outback.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
J&A

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Outback Terrain.

Happy camping days ahead!

In search of my next RV
SOLD! - 2013 Terrain 299TBH
SOLD! - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
J&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
GaryWT

Welcome and congrats. Looks great, enjoy.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Sduff

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum. Happy camping!

Steve
USAF Retired '96
Land of Lincoln

2013 Laredo 294RK
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 (max tow package)
2013 Passport 2890RL (2003 Chevy Silverado LS ext cab)
1968 King Camper Popup
2008 Honda GoldWing/pulling a Aluma MCTXL cargo trailer
Sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
berg

So one thing I've found a bit disappointing is the lack of any details in the owners manual specific to this model. (or is that every model?)

Keystone puts out an incredibly generic 'state the obvious' booklet that doesn't really tell me anything specific about this trailer's capacities, switch functions, etc. I studied up on that prior to purchase but I guess was just expecting more. Ended up labeling the slideouts myself and basically did the trial and error approach to a lot of it.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
So one thing I've found a bit disappointing is the lack of any details in the owners manual specific to this model. (or is that every model?)

Keystone puts out an incredibly generic 'state the obvious' booklet that doesn't really tell me anything specific about this trailer's capacities, switch functions, etc. I studied up on that prior to purchase but I guess was just expecting more. Ended up labeling the slideouts myself and basically did the trial and error approach to a lot of it.
Your disappointment and frustration regarding the Owner's Manual are shared by us all. Every model has the same manual so don't feel "left out". They are updated every so often but still remain generic, vague and almost useless.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
berg

Interesting. Our dealer did a fantastic job with the walk through and PDI - really made up for the lack of factory materials so they know it too.

I work in marketing and develop a lot of pre and post sales support materials. Maybe I should give Keystone a ring.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
berg

Another disappointment starting to set in is the lack of quality control on the interior trim. This model has the arched ceiling and dark wood trim pieces over the panel gaps. We finally had a warm day and one of the strips over the kitchen and dinette was basically only held on by, uh, maybe tension? I could not find a single tack nail. Maybe just a slight remnant of glue. Almost all the ceiling trim pieces are showing some gaps from small to practically falling off.

That has been the case with a lot of the other trim pieces as well. We didn't notice them on PDI, but after bumping down the road and some heat - surprise!

Apparently the guy at the factory had his nail gun pressure set too high that day. I can see where nail holes were filled but there is no nail on the other side. Shot clean through.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #10
J&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
Another disappointment starting to set in is the lack of quality control on the interior trim. This model has the arched ceiling and dark wood trim pieces over the panel gaps. We finally had a warm day and one of the strips over the kitchen and dinette was basically only held on by, uh, maybe tension? I could not find a single tack nail. Maybe just a slight remnant of glue. Almost all the ceiling trim pieces are showing some gaps from small to practically falling off.

That has been the case with a lot of the other trim pieces as well. We didn't notice them on PDI, but after bumping down the road and some heat - surprise!

Apparently the guy at the factory had his nail gun pressure set too high that day. I can see where nail holes were filled but there is no nail on the other side. Shot clean through.
Welcome, Berg! I had a similar problem with ours. A piece of trim around one of the slide out came partially loose. I believe this happened during/after one of our trips. I've been told these things happen a lot due to the movement during travel. I believe it but also don't discard poor quality of design and build. Most likely this is a common problem to all brands. You just can't nail/staple 1/8" trim, specially with a nail or staple gun. Not much to hold on to. IMHO it would be better to use glue. I took the trailer to the dealer to be fixed under warranty with other stuff I'll post in the light trailer section. The dealer re-stapled the trim and covered the holes with filler. I'll probably use epoxy resin next time.

In search of my next RV
SOLD! - 2013 Terrain 299TBH
SOLD! - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
J&A is offline   Reply With Quote