Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Bardeenm1

31bhpr

Looking at a 2013 31BHPR(with the revised outdoor kitchen and bunkhouse storage) along with numerous other similar floor plans.

For those that have this model how are they holding up? The unit is very very lite and I am concerned what corners have been cut to save that weight.

The 31BHPR is on litest model we are looking at? How does this unit tow being long and lite?

Problems other then the axles bending on earlier models?

My list of models of interest range from (in order of weight not liking)
Premier 31BHPR
Rockwood 8312ss
Lacrosse 319QBS
Lacrosse 318BHS
Laredo 303tg
Eagle 314BHDS

Looking for opinions and why you purchased what you did! All opinions are good so speak up and thank you
Bardeenm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
snow

31bhpr

We purchesed one in may of last year it's a 2013 took it on about 8 trips a few long ones with no problems with towing about 300 miles each trip one way we love the outdoor kitchen ,I wish the master bed was a little longer,the only major problem was leak in the main slid out leaked on my table and warped it but the dealer took care of everything hope this helps , I think the rockwood your looking at is step above the bullet a little heavier and a little more money I like the slide toppers on the rockwood , but I like the outdoor kitchen on the bullet ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
GaryWT

Ours is in but we will not have it home until sometime next week. We are trading our 2011 North Trail 30QOK, loved this trailer but it is low to the ground so we have clearence problems, it has small axles so we might be having issues there as we has more sway than I liked plus a few other issues. Loved the outside kitchen so that was a must for us and I really liked the new kitchen set up without the swival TV. I like a TV in the kitchen and Premier and North Trailer are the only ones that I have noticed that had it and was light enough for me to tow. My wife loved the drawers on the benches, the leatrherish couch and the flooring. The Premier has extra storage which will help. The 2 things that closed the deal for me were the larger axles and the front cap, these were things that concerned me in the north Trail. The trailer is 400# heavier and 17 inches longer. The other thing that I think will help is the tongue weight is 150-200#'s heavier which should help. I can hardly wait to get it home, I cannot believe how excited I am about getting it.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Bardeenm1

Thanks for the replies.

Keep them coming.

Right now we are between the Lacrosse 319 and the Bullet 31BHPR.

I like the large 12cu ft fridge in the 319 and the overall feel of build quality. I also like the diamond plate bottom seems like it would be more durable then full face fiberglass.

On the other hand the new brown front 31BHPR looks amazing I love it. I also like the overall feel of being "modern" within the Premier but am concerned the overall build quality isn't there. The 31bhpr gets a plus for being so aerodynamic also and lite.

We only have one child and only intend to have one child so the extra bunk house size is optional.
Bardeenm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

You might be interested in a forum survey of our members which showed when asked if they would buy another Keystone again, a tad over 90% said that they would. You can see the results and comments in the Keystone Questions section of the forum.
Try using our forum search feature for posts/threads about the Bullet. You might find more feedback from older posts about this model.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
GaryWT

Ours is home, it towed nice on a windy day. The slides seem to have a good set up. We love the height and the storage. Can not wait to get camping
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
planesnut

Cool

We have a 2010, and just love it. I pulled from AZ to Ohio and back without any problems. The only trouble I had was the handle for the black water dump broke off somewhere between Ohio and Illinois. I've got over 10000 miles on the trailer and other than popping a right rear tire coming ut of LA, no problems. I love the height because I'm 6'4". The bed is a little challenge when it's chilly, but I adjust.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
enyapp

So far, we love our new 2013 31BHPR. I think the wide axles and e2 hitch work good together to prevent sway. I do notice lateral movement like a push or tug when 18 wheelers pass, but, I understand this is common for anything this long and lite.

If you're still trying to decide or just waiting for yours to be delivered, nationalrvonline.com has great pictures to look at for your viewing pleasure.
http://www.nationalrvonline.com/cf/s...?productid=970
enyapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
SCG

We just purchased a new 2012 31BHPR last week. I cannot wait to start camping this season! We upgraded from a StarCraft 187TB Sport expandable to the new Premier. The StarCraft was great but our boys are getting bigger and there wasn't enough room in the expandable anymore. We also started seasonal camping last year so it made sense to get something a bit bigger and more "homey" since we don't plan to tow it around all the time.

I'm so happy to see how much everyone loves this model!
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
GaryWT

That is a great upgrade, enjoy you camping this year.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #11
SCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
That is a great upgrade, enjoy you camping this year.
Thank you! It's getting delivered to our seasonal site in about 4 weeks. We can't wait!
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
ams

Good trailer, we like ours. Up here in Canada we need to use the gas furnace a lot . Does anyone notice the furnace to be very loud? It sounds like a jet engine!
ams is offline   Reply With Quote