Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Happy Camper

Smile Laredo 291TG

Hi All,

Went out for our 1st weekend in our new unit. We all had a ball, our kids are adult size and they really liked the good sized bunks and tv/game area where they could relax. The wife loved the fact that we did not need to put a bed up and down, and that we could close off the curtain and not see the beds not made. I did all of the cooking at the outside kitchen and was the envy of every camper in the park. One person walked by fishing in the creek and said hey look they have a bar! At the time it did look more like a bar than a kitchen. All of the electric awnings, jacks, levelers made setting up and taking down a breeze. I did a lot of research when making a decision to by a new RV and I have to say I am very happy with my Laredo 291 TG.

Happy Camping,

Rick
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The first time out in a new unit is always a bit nerve-racking .....wondering if everything will work right for you. You must be pleased having given your Laredo a decent test knowing that things went well and no problems cropped up on your "maiden voyage". If you did all the cooking, you must have been the envy of all DW's in the campground --- not sure about the other half though. Glad to hear that you had a great weekend and hope you enjoy many more like this first one.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
SLIMSHADIE

I know what you mean, just added an electric tongue jack as they know come with them, but the outside kitchen is awesome, Dad's Bar & Grill. Happy Camping
Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
SLIMSHADIE

Happy Camper, We bought ours last year,fall. But the outside kitchen even works on the road. If the campground has a long wait to dump, I just go ahead and travel, then at a rest stop, i can dump the tanks, wash my hands, even though I use gloves and grab a soda for the road, almost not even taking a step inside(open the door and push the water pump switch). Good Choice
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
ColinM

Curious about outdoor kitchen

Hi there I just put deposit on a 305TG 5th wheel with the outdoor kitchen. I believe it is the same as the one you describe. I'm glad to hear you like it. A friend of mine told me that the fridge was electric only, is that the case with yours? Doesn't seem to make sense as it would be useless if you were without power!
ColinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Gr8fl_ed

yes the outside fridge is elec only. I have a 2010 303TG and that is the case with it. We love ours so far! Only been out once due to sickness, but we've even enjoyed it in our driveway! Our kids will sit out there and watch movies inside all day if we'd let them. So far so good.
2005 Chevy 2500HD
Reese Dual-Cam HP Sway/Dist system
University of Kentucky spare tire cover

C - A - T - S
CATS CATS CATS!!!
GO BIG BLUE!
Gr8fl_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
SLIMSHADIE

With the outside fridge only electric, I do the same to the inside too, I turn all fridges at least 1 day or 2 ahead. After cool down, load the fridges so everything stays cooled down for the trip. Drove 4 hours once and it stayed to temp. Did any of your outside kitchen come with the rear bumper grill?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00080-20100501-1325.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	82  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
ColinM

Well I'm glad to hear that you are still finding it useful. That is a good suggestion turning it on early to keep everything cool. Should work as a good cooler on occaisons where there is no power.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
ColinM

Where did you find the bumper grill.Looks pretty good.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
SLIMSHADIE

I seen it at a local Rv show on a 2010 Springdale. I got online and looked at my dealers photos of Rv's and one liked mine came with one. So I called them up and they found the part number and shipped me one. I just bought the stand from them. The grill, I ordered from amazon.com (olympian 5500). The grills that come with the new units are Sidekicks, I wanted stainless steel. There is only a half dozen grills that work with the low pressure on the Rv. You could hook into the propane before the regulator and run any grill you wanted but my outside kitchen is in the back side of the Rv. No need to run another line, just use what I have. I am going to extend my propane line 3' with a 2nd quick coupler so its closer to the grill and if needed I could use the stove at the same time.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
jq1031

New Laredo tt

Picking up my new Laredo TT in early April. I hope I'm as happy as all of you people. It has a lot of bang for the buck and looking forward to many happy outings.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
DEW

Just bought my 2011 291 TG. Can't wait.... Happy camping all
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #13
campingfisherman

Had a full season in our 303tg last year and it was amazing. Will never have another trailer without an outside kitchen,the only thing I had to add was a portable ice maker!! The 2009 duramax does't even know its there
campingfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #14
Doug5414

Slimshadie- I will sometimes cool my refrigerators down a day ahead of my trip, but find that traveling with the outside fridge full leads to everything wanting to dump out of there on the ride to the camping spot. Has anyone figured out a way to secure the door on the outside fridge for the ride?
Doug5414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #15
The Sod Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5414 View Post
Slimshadie- I will sometimes cool my refrigerators down a day ahead of my trip, but find that traveling with the outside fridge full leads to everything wanting to dump out of there on the ride to the camping spot. Has anyone figured out a way to secure the door on the outside fridge for the ride?
I cinch a 2" strap around the fridge to keep it closed while in transit. Just be careful to snake it between the coils in the rear and the actual fridge "box".
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #16
Txoutback

Bungee's

Not knowing if this will help but my neighbor carries a small dorm fridge with them and he wraps a bungee cord all the way around it to hold the door closed during transport. Just be careful with the coil if it's in the back.

2011 Outback 277RL
2011 Ford F150 EB Max Tow
Txoutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
DTJ9610

We have the 303TG. At first I didnt thnk the outside kitchen would really matter - originally wanted the extra storage door. Then I started using it and love it. Friends of ours mentioned how they hated cooking in the campr because of the grease and smell and now I completely se their point.

As for the rear grill, ours came with it.

Finally with regards to the mini fridge. I only load it if we are going on a trip longer then 2 days, otherwise eveything fits in the inside. I do plug it in when we get there (have never camped without elecricity yet) and then store drinks and food to be cooked. To keep it closed I am loking at getting one of the child fridge locks from Baby-R-Us or something like that. Finally the only complaint have is that it is bolted to the counter top and I can't open the door far enough to pull out the drip tray. May end up reversing the door... still have to think about that one.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
SLIMSHADIE

DTJ I always put 3 bounty half sheets of paper towels and keep those in the drip tray to soak it up. I here you about not getting it out.
Also tried the childproof lock. The one I have is the rubber cement backing and works good in the spring/fall. The dead heat of the summer, makes it move or fall off!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #19
ralphank

I use a child safety lock to keep the fridge closed while in transit.
ralphank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #20
dixonlaredo

I use a strip of industrial strength velcro on the bottom corner. Hot, cold, it sticks and keeps the door shut. Simple.
dixonlaredo is offline   Reply With Quote