Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
copiper

Blue Switch Light

Sorry about asking, but I did use the search function and didn't find an answer.

We just purchased a 2012 Sprinter 272 BHS, while doing a trial run in the driveway we were annoyed by the "bright" night lights that are on a couple of the switches, I know that they are there for convenience but we like sleeping in the dark and they are quite bright.

Any ideas other then putting tape over the center of the switch? Thanks and be gentle on my first question.
copiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If one of the bright night lights that you are referring to is coming from your stereo, some members have removed the stereo and installed a switch to cut power to the unit, others have pulled the fuse and some have taped a cover of some sort over it. I'm not familiar with the other sources of light coming from the switches as our unit does not have these types.
There is a thread/post on putting in a cut-off switch for the stereo on the forum.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Keystone calls them "Easy Find" light switches but I have never seen them either. I don't think I would like them because of the constant battery drain. WHAT was Keystone thinking on this option???? I would ask dealer (if under warranty) to swap them for normal switches, if not, I would do the change myself ..... unless there is a way to turn them off. Let us know what your outcome is, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
copiper

I have a list of things for the dealer, I will ask if I can change it out. The illuminated switch is a good thought but a bad idea to put in. Also, does anyone know of a Keystone parts website?
copiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
KanTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by copiper View Post
....... Also, does anyone know of a Keystone parts website?
There are websites & retail stores that sell replacement parts, but none are specifically for "Keystone" RV's.
The greater majority of components & parts are fairly common industry-wide, but if you need an item
specific to your Sprinter (for example: a matching cabinet door, or a certain couch cushion), then you'll
need to contact your dealer... Keystone typically doesn't sell directly to the public.
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote