Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Vidorcom

Depending what model you buy. Fifth wheels with 8ft door you can purchase straight from a fuzion dealer. I have 2012 bumper tow and has a 7ft door. I made the cables but bought mounting hardware from dealer.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #22
demondog

Iam looking to buy the newer style railing fencing that goes around my garage door when iam using it as a patio looking for the awning for it also on my 2010 Fuzion 398
Old 04-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #23
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
Iam looking to buy the newer style railing fencing that goes around my garage door when iam using it as a patio looking for the awning for it also on my 2010 Fuzion 398
May want to do a search on "ramp" to read comments on ramp integrity and the patio option in the various threads out on the forums
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #24
demondog

I already have the patio option I just wanted to upgrade to the newer style railing and add a awning over it.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
I already have the patio option I just wanted to upgrade to the newer style railing and add a awning over it.
Just curious what new patio rails are you referring to? The only change I have seen was same rails but had steps so you could exit out rear side of ramp. If you have a picture or link would like to see. Thought I read a post out there about the steps off the patio

Listed below is the Dometic Awning used on the rear of my Raptor over the patio, its Manual

Dometic 920CN08020N

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #26
matandjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Just curious what new patio rails are you referring to? The only change I have seen was same rails but had steps so you could exit out rear side of ramp. If you have a picture or link would like to see. Thought I read a post out there about the steps off the patio

Listed below is the Dometic Awning used on the rear of my Raptor over the patio, its Manual

Dometic 920CN08020N
There is a difference on the railing setup for us between our 2011 and our 2014. The 2014 design has fixed the issues we had with alignment with our last model.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #27
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandjen View Post
There is a difference on the railing setup for us between our 2011 and our 2014. The 2014 design has fixed the issues we had with alignment with our last model.
OKAY got the old man confused Thought the patio option was introduced mid year 2012 on the Raptors? For that reason we purchased the 2013 model versus the 2012 we were looking at. As I stated in a previous thread, I was told that the patio option was not a dealer installed item plus it needed a reinforced ramp, therefore 2013 model. I am not aware of any issues with the railings at least I have not had any

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
demondog

My 2010 Touring Edition II has the railing in a bag you have to put it together every time you want to use it 2011 they started a fixed railing that folds like you have, that's what I was looking to upgrade too.thanks for awning part number.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:52 AM   #29
matandjen

Our 2011 Fuzion 360 TE III had the patio option and the railings were mounted on the doors for easy setup. The problem is that there were alignment issues and while they worked, they were a bit of a pain in the you know what.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #30
canesfan

My railings don't align good either. Where the back and sides hinge together the back slides up and down on the side piece and is a PIA to get them square so they will latch in the middle. I've sprayed them with silicon and that didn't help any. Not sure what the fix is.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:28 AM   #31
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
My railings don't align good either. Where the back and sides hinge together the back slides up and down on the side piece and is a PIA to get them square so they will latch in the middle. I've sprayed them with silicon and that didn't help any. Not sure what the fix is.
Canesfan X2 Thanks for reminding me about getting those two bolts in to secure the left and right railing sections together. Correct if do not get aligned bolts will not go in, YEAP PITA Standing up the rails themselves and putting them down is really simple

Thanks

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #32
canesfan

Quote:
Canesfan X2 Thanks for reminding me about getting those two bolts in to secure the left and right railing sections together. Correct if do not get aligned bolts will not go in, YEAP PITA Standing up the rails themselves and putting them down is really simple

Thanks
2 bolts? They must have changed that too. I have a handwheel screw in thingy to attach the left and right gate together. I'll have to take a picture when I have time. As for now I just don't bother with the back gates and leave them folded up. For my purposed it works fine that way and I can hop up on it if I don't fell like going around through the trailer, assuming I'm not on a hill.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #33
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
2 bolts? They must have changed that too. I have a handwheel screw in thingy to attach the left and right gate together. I'll have to take a picture when I have time. As for now I just don't bother with the back gates and leave them folded up. For my purposed it works fine that way and I can hop up on it if I don't fell like going around through the trailer, assuming I'm not on a hill.
Sorry, guess wording was pretty sloppy could not think of a word to describe the items used to keep rails together. Too early I guess, only could think of either screws or bolts Your description of THINGY may be closer but either way we have the same Hickey this time AMAZING

Take Care

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #34
canesfan

Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #35
demondog

Quote:
I called lippert, they need a part number if anybody has one let me know i posted a picture of the railing iam looking for in my profile

Thanks
Old 04-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #36
ctpd814

This is on Lippert's web sight.

Replacement Parts for LCI Patio Railing Kits for Toy Haulers. Note that LCI can not sell a complete kit. Complete kits are sold to OEM's only. These kits CAN NOT be retrofit to existing toy hailer ramp doors. They are sold as original equipment only.

LCI will not accept returns for any retrofit attempts.

I think the only way you will be able to get the railing kit is to find someone that is will to sell one.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #37
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidorcom View Post
I just ordered the cable set up to use my loading deck as a patio while camping. I have everything needed to install but wanted to get a visual of one already installed. Does anyone have this already setup and is willing to show me me pictures of where the bracket is mounted on the ramp door itself?
I may not have caught this, but if this question was posted, please forgive me, but is your door the optional door that will accept a cable support system or is a stock door you want to retro-fit. If its a retro-fit, I don't think id add cables to it to make a patio. I agree with some of the other poster here that why not? If it supports Harleys, golf carts ATV's etc, why not? I asked this question to Keystone. Their answer was the door is not re-enforced like the optional door and set up to only handle those weights temporarily.

Here's what I do. When I get to a camp site or park, I use the picnic table and place it under the door with a couple 2x4's set to spread the load. I feels that this is sufficient support to avoid damage. The weight on the door is now spread across the door and not exclusively on the door frame edges.

Just my 2cents
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Ocho; there are a few threads out there addressing ramps and patios containing information on issues/concerns of adding a patio to rear ramp. Doing a search on say ramp should bring them all up

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #39
ocho

Quote:
Ocho; there are a few threads out there addressing ramps and patios containing information on issues/concerns of adding a patio to rear ramp. Doing a search on say ramp should bring them all up
Thanks. I understand the concerns of attempting this retrofit if in fact that what he's doing. I was merely curious if the original poster of this thread had the optional patio door or was attempting to retrofit a stock door to use as a patio.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #40
Vidorcom

I did a retro fit. I drilled through the door to mount brackets that I ordered from the dealer. The cables were meant for 8ft door, i had them shortened up on mine. Used many times, and everything is good to go. Door is rated for 2000lbs evenly distributed for a short amount of time.... A table, chairs, firepit and good to go. I am and well prepared to make a new door if the door fails over time. For now let the good times happen!

Its like lifting your truck, tuning your diesel, etc..... If your gonna play be ready to pay.

Happy Camping